Dumaguete Info Search

The Big Robinson Dumaguete Poll

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Apr 19, 2008.

?

The Big Robinson Dumaguete Poll

1. Yes, I am living here(part or the full time) and want more shopping options movie-theaters/cultur

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No,I am living here(part or the full time) and like Duma like it is, I go to other cities if needed

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. I don't care, I will never visit Dumaguete anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, I come for a holiday and it is nice to have more restaurants and places to hang out with friend

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. No, I come for a holiday and chose Dumaguete because of the sleepy relaxed flair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. sorry, I am not sure if I like or not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Look at the construction side ... It can't be oversized in that small spot and 2/3 is parking and outdoor-area, there will be not much building left...

2. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I could see construction back again. I could wee at least 2 backhoes and a hydraulic crane inside.

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    You really can't wait for this can you? is that you standing at the fence every day?:D

I find it interesting that there are 7 people who come to the Philippines for a vacation and want to actually go to a mall.

4. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Maybe that's my shadow there hehehe :D

5. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yabs is back in Duma in 3 Days, he will cut the fuel-lines anyway and set the "construction-machines" on fire...

6. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

sounds good...

7. sneakerpete

sneakerpete DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    when i first set foot in dumaguete, i thought...this is a cross of rural and urban living. everything is here...the best of both worlds. just don't expect your version of this and that to be here. just settle with what is available. like don't expect to eat a yellow cab pizza when there's pizza hut and the old rosantes. if it's pizza you want, it's pizza you get. don't expect a fully-air conditioned cinema with surround sound when there's the park...if it's the movie you really after. you want some air? go to boulevard and have an ice cold red horse. what would another mall bring? more people. more traffic. pollution. chaos. robi (as we call it here in cebu) should be the last. we can't do anything about it anymore coz it's there. but still, nature tripping is way better than malling. i'd rather see my child cleaning up the banica river than wasting time and money in a mall. he better be reading his books under the shade of trees in silliman.

8. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    a like minded soul, well put. it is the proverbial cart before the horse for Dumaguete. Money talking without any concern apparently, for the ecological or infrastructure consequences.

9. tipmart87

tipmart87 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As a

newcomer to the area and who only last week saw where the mall was going to be, I would say that my main reservation would be traffic. Having seen the chaos at ayala and SM in Cebu I only hope that does not happen in Dumaguete. I don't really like the big malls in Cebu, while it is convenient to find everything under 1 roof, I certainly do not find them any cheaper, in fact compared to goods in the States they are expensive. Surely they could have built it out of town, if people want to visit it then they will travel to it.

Secondly, the malls in Cebu are nice, they are clean and well laid out, but.....

Why oh why do the mens bathrooms stink so much!!!!!

Could it be organised that lessons could be given to guys entering the bathroom that you are supposed to aim your pee inside the big white bowl and not on the surrounding floor area. Air freshner is a wonderful thing and surely a quick spray could be used every now and again. Those places are disgusting!!! And toilet paper, once a roll is used up it should be replaced with a new roll.

Well as long as it's not near Dauin I'll be happy. It's the first time I've been comfortable using a jeepney in the Philippines. In Cebu the carbon monoxide poisoning tends to bother me after a while, in Dumaguete I hardly noticed it at all

10. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Only foreigners who "need" things that only a mall can provide, and Nouveau Riche Philippinos looking for status want the thing so badly, the rest could care less one way or the other.

Toilet paper? ha, surely you jest, hey think of it this way, it is easy to find the restrooms, just follow your nose.

I love it when you enter a stall and see the sandal foot prints on the toilet seat...

Also caution, in the Philippines unless a door is locked it is open. sounds elementary, and it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.