Dumaguete Info Search

The Big Robinson Dumaguete Poll

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Apr 19, 2008.

?

The Big Robinson Dumaguete Poll

1. Yes, I am living here(part or the full time) and want more shopping options movie-theaters/cultur

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No,I am living here(part or the full time) and like Duma like it is, I go to other cities if needed

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. I don't care, I will never visit Dumaguete anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, I come for a holiday and it is nice to have more restaurants and places to hang out with friend

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. No, I come for a holiday and chose Dumaguete because of the sleepy relaxed flair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. sorry, I am not sure if I like or not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Road Warrior

Road Warrior DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with RHB. There's really no point in having a new mall in Dgte. I can find all the things I need in the local market or in Lee Plaza.

The existence of the local market, Lee Plaza, Fortune Mart, and the Hyper-Mart is more than enough to cater to the population's needs.

What I mean by "needs" are the things that you really need and not things that you think you need.

Also, I heard that there are serious environmental consequences related to the site. I forgot what it was about but I heard that it had something to do with saltwater and erosion.

About the toilets, there's something even better than the footprints on the toilet seat... the yellow submarine you can find docking inside.

2. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This mall is an inevitable part of Dumaguete's growth. It will provide consumer choice for people who currently travel to Cebu to get some variety in their shopping. If you don't like it i guess the answer is don't go there. We have lots of malls here in Perth and many guys i know never go in them.

I have no problem with teenagers using malls as a meeting spot as long as they are behaving appropriately. In a society where communication is increasingly online, kids need places to go and hang out with their friends. I have 2 teenage kids who study hard, play sport, have part time jobs, love the internet and love hanging out with their mates in the city or at malls. They are not "mall rats".

I heard from an attorney friend that there was a fatal accident on the Robinson mall site caused by subsidence and he has been asked to represent one of the families. Is that common knowledge or I am responding to a rumour ?

cheers

lofty

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    The reality, yes. like it or lump it.

Certainly your hard working sports minded children are excluded...:D

An attorney, spreading rumors? Hard to believe...:wink: you would think that would be in the Negros Chronicle.

4. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    As a previous visitor (three months) and a new full-time resident from next July onwards, I am enthusiastic about the opening of the new mall. I've visited the Robinson's in Negros' other provincial capital and enjoyed the shopping experience there.

Many posters here have had unkind things to say about Lee Plaza. Remember too that Hypermart enjoys the same ownership. Competition is a wonderful thing to sharpen pencils and adjust attitudes.

As for the swarms of teenagers terrorizing the normal, "decent" shoppers, I recently saw a news item from Winnipeg, the Filipino capital of Canada. Apparently, as we age our hearing range of acuity decreases in the higher registers, starting at about age nineteen. How convenient! At least one mall there has installed a white noise generator which drives teens crazy with no effect on the rest of us.

Besides, this will give me a new locality to prey upon many unsuspecting new victims and take their photos without their knowledge and post them here without their consent! (Je! Je! Je!)

5. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Shopping mall in australia and philippines maybe there’s a bit of deffirence what kind of people inside (aside from shopping ,some have another purpose …in Philippines) it’s because of different economic condition with this 2 countries.I agree with RHB that shopping mall there in PI sometimes (maybe mostly) a place where there are prostitutes and teen agers/students (mall rats)-------- with our own experienced I
    can say that.
    My boyfriend last year arrived in PI alone ,I just arrived few days after because of my work.What he said, he don’t have bad experienced in hotel
    he stayed …………..his bad experienced are “bad women “

they are so aggressive approaching him (,middle age teen agers/students) they have some "tricks" that really so bad to describe it here how this girls/women behaving to a white man ( so disgusting) that happened in SM cebu….and with another experienced in LEE PLAZA (women aftering him until outside ).He said , he can feel once there is a white guy alone walking, some eyes of women there are sparkling. It’s not only in the malls also outside places…..

6. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I have truly lead a sheltered life!

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    that's the only thing I am really scared of... all the eyes of women following me when I walk through a mall and each time I got approached with this special tricks (I guess you meant: speaking english, smiling, looking good proper dressed) I ran out of the mall faster than the speed of light and was hiding in my hotel-room... As I have no Hotel room here in Duma, I have no place to go. Lost in the City of Gentle People... Kawawa ako

Rhoody

8. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Really ???? you run away???? he said(my bf)....he is running away also (i hope its true.....)

9. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    It's not unpleasant to have girls 1/3 your age seem attracted to you until you realize they want free food, take you back to your hotel to earn money, otherwise catch you. or that those girls are not really girls. Then it become an annoyance.
    Why I like Dumaguete, but even here it has changed in three years, and change is inevitable. There is good and bad in all of it.

10. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Why you take him serious again dear Daffs ?
    I still have to wisper some words into your ears about this guy :wink:
    I have observed him when he was shopping in LP.
    Instead of running out with the speed of light he started talking to even the very young onces, as long as they were females.
    He did nearly the same as me :D

If yr BF is "normal" (what's that ?) he should not run AWAY.
    I like the note from Davfitz: I have truly lead a sheltered life!. An excellent remark :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.