Dumaguete Info Search

The Boulevard

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Jung, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot that the Asian Games were being held in Qatar that time. Over here it was the X-Games. It was raining so bad here that the skateboarders couldn't use the ramp for a couple days, and all the athletes and reporters from all over the world had to camp out in the nearby 5-star hotels (a major boon for the bars, I might add) for a few days until it was safe to continue. By the time it did, it was the start of the work week for us, so we couldn't go see. What a major bummer!

2. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's great caymimi! my husband is part of the band. hehehehe. and the lead singer is a really close friend of mine. Makes you miss home huh. :wink:

3. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hey, really? That's great! Maybe we might have met each other before, too! Wouldn't that be funny? Though I haven't lived in Dumaguete since 2004, but I was there from January to March last year. Hell, yeah I miss it. Every time I come home and see all the new Sillimanian students I start feeling old. I think, "I used to be that carefree and my only problems back then were cramming for exams." Now it's bills and being unable to enjoy my job! Sometimes I yearn to come home and be a beach bum/babe again. Oh, dear I'm reminiscing again and I'm still at work with 5 hours left. Humph. I totally envy you guys over there right now!

4. bradz21

bradz21 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey I just want to ask what restos or bars are good for chillin out in Dumaguete? Someone told me about Payag sa Likod but that's all I know. Is it expensive there? How much are the servings there of a plate of sisig (I've heard they make good sisig). For about 6-8 people, around what would be the expected bill?

5. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Payag sa Likod:
    Drink all you can on selected drinks for 100pesos on certain days
    Sisig around 100++pesos

Hayahay
    Chez Andre Margarita pizzas
    Calamares

Lab-as
    Seafood

They're not expensive. Don't worry :smile:

6. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't worry caymimi, you're not alone on the feeling old thing. I mean I'm not old and when i see the freshmen i feel old. Maybe we have seen each other before, i mean you could go around dumaguete and know the people by face but not by name. Y'know how it is back here. Don't worry caymimi, you have nothing to be envious about at the moment as the weather is not at all the pleasing. Don't feel bad you'll be home soon! :wink:

7. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now you've got my attention. :smile:

Do they have chicharon bulaklak too?

Was at Why Not and ordered chicharon bulaklak, they said they were out. :(

A little later ordered sisig....said they were out. :(

Then my friend ordered something basic I thought they would definitely have (forget what it was)........they said the kitchen was closed and took the menu away. :eek:

8. bradz21

bradz21 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

oh cool! thanx!

9. bradz21

bradz21 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

so does that mean that everybody knows everybody there? (at least the face?):eek: lol!

10. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes to that bradz21. Especially if you grew up here like i did, you'd notice a new face. If you're new in town you'll stick out but not in a bad way. People will just gossip on who you are and by the end of the day half the population knows your basic profile. Scared? hahahahaha :wink: People here are basically really friendly. :wink: No problem on the places to chill at :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.