Dumaguete Info Search

"The Earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens"

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Teacher, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    For insisting that every Filipinos are bad mannered really turns the heat up. Well, I guess I made my point. Sorry to you Guys.:cool:

2. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Are we indoctrinated? Of course we are. Government schools, religion and a news media reliant on commercial advertising and governmental sanction ensure we remain so.
    Politics:
    All persons desirous of political power should be assessed with skepticism. While they may start out with lofty goals of service in the end their actions come down to one thing: maintaining power. While one candidate may proclaim the vast difference between him and his opponent, the only real difference is how he chooses to control your life and use your money for his own benefit.

Religion: All religions in the world have been created by man and claim to have the “truth”. Each claims they are right and everyone else is wrong. Each claim enlightenment from a supreme spiritual being and those that don’t follow their beliefs are deceived by their “the adversary”.
    “Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those that find it.” Andre Gide

News and Media:
    News reporting is little more than another form of entertainment. The vast majority of information coming from the television, radio or print has no relevance to the things that are meaningful to our individual lives and is more closely related to gossip. Even when something of substance is presented to us it lacks any depth and is skewed to support the latest political correctness or governmental power. The major news sources are careful not to become overly critical of those in power for fear they will be financially harmed. It is dangerous to assume “news” is equivalent to “fact”. To try and come close to what is really going on takes a healthy amount of skepticism and seeking multiple sources of information. Even then it’s unlikely we will get the whole story unless we are personally acquainted with the actual event.

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Please stop telling me what I NEED to do.
    In my opinion I did read enough meanwhile .
    It's good when you mean it well, but don't make it look big.
    Then people (certainly me !) start to believe the opposite.
    Cheers again.

4. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Personal freedom

Timn8ter
    If I were your teacher I would give you an A+ on this post. You seem to comprehend the issues at hand. To expounded on something other than a cold beer. This was the reason I started this one thread in the first place. I love a cold beer but not really interested to talk about it every day. Let’s face it we have been indoctrinate forcibly by our countries like everyone else, but let’s call for what it is brainwashing. CoyotesI tried to keep the big words down to a minimum.This is a discussion about what the world has done to us. And how few people notice what has happen to them. I think the expats are the only group that are aware of it and that are doing something about it. We change our lifes and life styles. For personal freedom.:cool:

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    I think the expats are the only group that are aware of it and that are doing something about it. We change our lifes and life styles. For personal freedom.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Some people have choices while other's don't
    Count your Blessing's
    regards ....JB

6. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Babel in your age it's normal that your heart moans when trying to deal with young girls, I forgot your "real love" ....that is normal for old guys... Jelly I guess you are young at heart and not like our new DI-Jesus who knows the only truth but has no clue where to eat...

I forgot my good manners like you mentioned before... Please, why don't you spend some weeks painting and please stop trolling Dumagueteinfo...

Thank you

7. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Babel-Fish

you put fire , by generalising Filipinos have bad manners.Now you got the “hot responses”.You have to face the consequences.

Anyway, some of your posts here I still found it as educational and interesting.

8. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Babel Babel

Babel-fish in many posts I find you insightful and humorous. Also you tend to toot your own horn a little too much but never mind that not a big issue. But your post about Filipinos having bad manners you laid an egg. Never bite the hand that feeds you if you know what I mean. I have travel to over 30 countries for the most part everyone is polite. But I have been treated rudely in most countries and even snubbed by people in the UK. The worst place was Thailand. I lived there for four years the land of plastic smiles. I prefer to be treated honestly. This is 2008 not 1800 this post is toxic and inconsequential it doesn’t improve the life of anyone. I understand that you have an opinion but this would have been far better kept to yourself. For me I have had bad things happen to me in the Philippines but it was my fault because I was not street smart. Everyone can’t be English thank God. The level of politeness in America and the United Kingdom seem to be the same to me. And some of the most polite people I have meet are filipino’s more polite than British or American. As a world citizen you need to give up your narrow minded thinking. Hope you understand this in the spirit that I’m trying to explain to you.

9. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Babel Fish, I think you are a man who is bothered by a guilty conscience. You always mentioned that you were a military man in the past. As a soldier, you may have been to battle and shoot and killed someone. You may have hurt a lot of people just to prove that you were the better man. That many long years ago you have awakened. You changed dramatically. You become a world citizen and wants to change the world. But it pains you to see that people doesn't do what you do. doesn't think what you think. You preyed on the filipinos. You believe and tell everyone that Filipinos have bad manners. You based this on their behavior but you forgot intent. Though we behave that way, we don't intend to be impolite. Still you disdain us. Why? Because you thought you are wiser now? That you are a free thinker? Think and believe whatever you want but spare us from your insanity.

10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,030
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Babel-fish, you are getting a lot of criticism over your Filipino bashing.
    as specially you are a guest in their country.
    Don't you think an apology is in order, come on get off your high horse,
    be a man, not a fish out of water, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.