Dumaguete Info Search

The EVENT OF THE YEAR , FIESTA IN AMLAN !

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by earlmj, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well this is ofcourse the moment you have all beeing wating for , my photo gallary of the Yearly Fiesta in my home village Amlan.
    So much to do about it and this time the whole group of traveling gambling
    stands came all in at one time. Yesterday evening their was announced by Megaphone , on a Suzuki Carry , the GRAND OPENING !!
    The official opening was preformed by our beloved major ( my neighbor) and the crowd all came to gether to the fairground in front of ... yep ,our house.
    Now wonder you will say , and see , why I choose to live at that particular spot , indeed.

The opening was this year done by a local blind singer , and a guitar player that played one single tune , however the singer changed every three minutes into an other all time favorites.
    We have left Manila some 6 months ago and ever since live in " bussy "Amlan.
    And for those that want to know WHY we left Manila . Well, try that City yourself and notice the unrushed life here for a change , Bet you will feel the same as we and.. ever more and more others.....:wink:
    For those who want to visit , The fiesta is up to November 31 st..
    For this major event ,our normal "Exibitor " had to move ... hopefully though he will come back after the fiesta , but not so sure...

Attached Files:

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Well thats one way of keeping the grass short Earlmj, thanks for he photos looks a peaceful place when the Fiesta's not in town.

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    just be extra vigilant on your house and surrounding earlmj, I hope your keeping a shotgun, hehehehe, 2 months to go before fiesta, seems so long to listen to all those BINGO announcers, scratchy loud speaker sounds, and the along with the local people visiting the place.

have ever tried joining one of those gimiks, like throwing 25cent to a board with square boxes?

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

Indeed, good reminder .I am not saying all those people behind those bingos or gimiks that come to your locality during fiestas are annoyingly bad.But when they are around incidents of burglaries and thieving arise.This was an observation20 yrs ago a neighbor's entire line of clothes hung outdoors were all gone,cassette player of a neighbor gone, somebody was seen climbing off the window and one was caught trying to steal and was badly hurt by the neighbors son and was traced back as one of the assistants of those managing the open air dart games .They are equivalent to stereotype jippos here.

5. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    THnaks for your imput . FIrst of all , I live according to the Bibble ( here he goes again ,puff , when are you going to stop with that Earl ) thus gambling is a game of the devil .period.
    Second I need no shotgun verbal I am strong enough and some here at the board know me longer and know that it is the siomply truth...:wink:
    But I must admit there stereo STINKS , drunk people in front of the house and so on BUT I love the place and after the moeny is gone ( and spend on gambling and alcohol) they return to normal human being having a huge PASAWAY and regert of what they have done. All well , end well

sorry again , double cataract and lost of work to be done.. anyway even with all the errors you will get the message ..

6. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0

this i really true newt,

earlj, hope more expats like you would opt to stay in dgte or negros, your one of a kind.

7. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well INDIA -One . I am proud to be here and hope to die here as well. not that I am in a hurry but some of the "respected " members here in this forum might just wish to give me that small push needed from the clif.
    Just becoz i find a BODY LANGUAGE SHOW as given at Devlin showing of lack of good taste.they find me arrogant. Boys ( sorry models) showing UNDIES with sight on their .. is not a proof of good taste.Unless that is what he means with EXTRAVAGANZA .di ba..

O well, I am here to serve the local poor people spending EU Funds on improvement in Social Housing and so . and what better way to come to know their needs then to mingle with them ! I LOVE IT.. Everybody in Amlan knows me , and NO I do not wear Italian Suits. Just an ordinary guy. I makes no sense to move as some foreing asswhole amongst the people , they will never let you into their hearts.
    Just for you . A picture of me in casual during a field trip in Batangas last summer . THis time it was for a survey on how to inprove the quality of Consumption Fish... just for the sake of it.. I am on the left side :wink:

Attached Files:

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Very Sad

It started in another thread and continues here...
    So I made some posts invisible.... They are not deleted,

Guys, stick to the rules!!! The DI Team has no problem with casual languagem but DOES have problems with personal attacks and insaults.

Everyody here can read and will creat the own picture about the person who started thread or made a reply.

It is a shame that it has to be announced again

Rhoody

9. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I am SURE most of us ( sorry to know it will not be all !) HIGHLY appriciate your intervention to keep this site keeping up its usuall quality . Atleast I am gratefull !!

10. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Earlmj, Good for you to be so involved. Your social housing sounds interesting. Consumption fish? What exactly is that? I read one time where a missionary couple introduced a new breed of fish in a very poverty place. This special fish was high in protein and other nutrients and very easy to cultivate in that area. It was a GREAT improvement and a god send to the people. I am sure there are so many other wonderful ideas out there. I hope to learn more about what other foreigners are doing in Dgte on this forum so that I may become more informed and educated on what to do myself. There is NO SENSE in wasting time/money on projects that are not effective.

Enjoy your festival in Amlan!!!! thanks for the pics! I love festivals in the PHL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.