Dumaguete Info Search

The EVENT OF THE YEAR , FIESTA IN AMLAN !

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by earlmj, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Social Housing project and the fish

Well Cyndi , First of all once again , thank you for your quality imput. here some more details. Just as you wrote also BAIS is having pretty much probelms. we have been asked just 4 days ago , to start next year to become partner in a project. Our part of th deal is to build 200 units ( houses) for the less fortuned people overthere . We believe that the eradication of criminality ,thus also begging in the street and simultan abuse of children ,can come to a stop once people have their OWN roof over their head. The Philippine dream come true.. Once people have their own house they do not migrate anymore and can focus on a regular job.. Atleast it is a start . Also we are in discussion with the Mayor of Dumaguete and my own mayor of Amlan .
    The consumption fish ( edible fish) is a species not known here , only from some Petshop I have seen it in Manila . The breeding of them for the market is done mainly in Thailand but also in China. I can go on for hours ,but since I then will have members here rolling over me again and again with self proclaimed " knowledge ", I will refrain from that.
    The problem is that untill now , the fish does not want to grow out in a short time , but if it would ,like in nature , it is within some 7 / 9 monhs up to a size of 70 cm.. and can weight up to 8 kilos.
    A new technology can make it all happen and their is also a "secret " kind of food involved..... BANANAS !! . Anyway they eat like pigs , it only thing we need to prevent is declining of quality due to ill breeding methodes and lack of fresh blood lines.The fish is extreme strong , and stand bad ( poor) water quality with little oxygen as it breath open air ,thus from the surface and not from the water it self . Anyway , no need to go into details. I learn my lesson in the past on this board .
    So this is it for now .
    I always like to read your post , better even twice , as it makes SENSE and I am sure all visitors here ,will appriciate the nutural yet eye opeing way you look at things. You are one of those members that does not claim ,that here is Paradise found.. but traces of it for sure.. We can only try to remain having those traces an / or regain what we have lost by ill managment or wrong judgement..
    Like one of the other respected members closings remark was:
    WE DON,T NEED A SECOND BANGKOK .This does not only point toward the sex industry alone , but polution ill managment and lack of PROPER INVESTMENTS overtaken by maffia instead.
    thank you ,
    Earl

Attached Files:

2. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks for the info Earl. Also, great pic! It is good to know that others are working on ways to SOLVE the problems in the PHL. I certainly appreciate your efforts.

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    earlj, im fascinated with this fish, very practical for locals, can you please give me additional insights or info?

4. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The Giant Gourami

India One , you are always able to talk me into things..
    Well the fish is Originated from some Islands in Indonesia and malaysia. It is called common The Giant Gourami , . I trive on almost everything , but some secret diet for growth is Bananas as I told already . They are HARDY , though in the dry season have skin ( parasite) problems. Those can be cured. The growth within the professional hatheries is far to slow. it takes some 2 years to have a plate size fish thus 450 grams. Back in the EU we know that nobody takes interst in them for already decades in the aquariumtrade as they grow .yep soooo fast..The fish project would give "life "again to faced out fish pond owners and will employ atleast 500 Families according to the study done..
    Anyway getting the fry is easy ,good broodstock a BIG Problem and thus.
    This project is a " hammer piece " and already having the attention here in Negros. Just before you ask.. it tastes G R E A T.. hardly bones GOOD texture and nice white fillets. Not only for local use , the demand in Asia but also in the Metropoles elsewhere ( Chinese cuisine) is huge.....Ideal for Marinating , with ginger, Fruitcoktail stir fried.. and smoked...

But I can only focus on one thing at this moment and that is Housing.
    Likely AMlLAN ill have some Industry coming of their own.. We have nothing beside two sari sari stores ( one in front of my house) 3 Pawnshops ( who can do without them :wink: ?) and a Caltex along the road to Bais...
    It would be giving hundreds of people a regular Job and their own house....
    Anyway. thats it for now . Like I said when ever we meet in person I will enligh you on all subjects more detailed.

5. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    earlj, what else i can say,God willing, we'll see each other soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.