Dumaguete Info Search

The Filipino noise problem

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by babel-fish, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    i've also lived in most of these countries, also having been in the British army, i wouldn't say i had seen the cultures of these countries as your kept away from civilian populations as much as possible, or maybe that was just my unit lol i wouldn't say a trip down town to buy clothes or the quick drinks, british soldiers are famous for, would class as tasting the culture of a country, and you sound like your maybe assessing a county by the waiters in the Sgts or Officers mess

2. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No never was that p*ss artist that stuck to the messes, lived ate, spoke and drunk with the locals. done all the things I do here, mingle with the crowd. I have always lived life to the full. Not a bar hanger. I learn the language and get out there to learn about the people culture the big deal. God your army career seems strange the whole idea was to travel the world you sure did not seem to get it. I even did sneaky beaky in Ireland as part of an inteligence team.

3. fourcats

fourcats DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Noise problem is horrible.

Can't concentrate on work or studies.
    It's not healthy.
    It's Invasive and borders on assault.
    It stops people from enjoying their own media at a soft volume.
    It destroys any connection with nature.
    I think it is a ploy to get attention and to strike out not to enjoy music or partying.
    The level is beyond enjoyment it is to attack others state of being and is a spiritual problem.

I wish there would be a campaign for PEACE!

4. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    This Is Almost Funny

This has been talked to death on this forum. This subject is just apart of Filipino culture and trust me it is not a positive so best left alone. :D

5. fourcats

fourcats DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Like I said its a spiritual issue and AWARENESS
    can uplift us all if we only TRY to become aware.

Culture etymology:

cult Look up cult at Dictionary.com
    1617, "worship," also "a particular form of worship," from Fr. culte, from L. cultus "care, cultivation, worship," originally "tended, cultivated," pp. of colere "to till" (see colony). Rare after 17c.; revived mid-19c. with reference to ancient or primitive rituals. Meaning "devotion to a person or thing" is from 1829.

EGO is wrapped up in the 'cult'. Hell or Heaven, its up to us to change the trend
    to show respect to others including neighbors, babys, the elderly, animals and nature which we are all connected to if we only could remember our origins.

6. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Sorry But what is your point.

What do I need to do call captain Kirk, beam the space cadet up Scotty!! or what. because that was the most ambiguous quote I have ever heard. Sounded like a lost tree hugger. I know the root of words it is my job. Really are you okay?? I feel kind of worried about you...

7. fourcats

fourcats DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mr Teacher ad hominem attacks, name calling and categorizing me as a leftist tree hugger and the like does not bode well for your credibility.

Here is the point: paraphrasing you "its just a part of culture so leave it alone".
    I agree it is a CULT and one of Ego worship. Now specifically let me pass a story to you of a true nature just over one month ago.

The noise situation of Ego Worshiping Base Pounding addicts forced its way into MY PRIVATE PROPERTY STOPPING ME FROM SLEEP. The next day I missed my deadline and lost my 18,500p contract and a client which I use to feed my family and approximately 8 other families causing hardship on all.

You tell me to leave it alone its 'just culture' I say its THEFT. So if Theft, robbery, rape and murder were CULTural is that something we should not focus on turning things around?

If 'tomorrow' is a workday please people stop the music at 10pm like the ordinance asks and let people sleep soundly so they can perform and bring money in for all of us to survive.

FourCats.

8. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    If you don't like it Move....

Okay this is my position using terms like CULT and Ego worship are impertinent and show a deficiency in your comprehension of the inhabitants. I feel offended by these comments. You have selected the Philippines to live and work, the Philippines didn’t solicit you to come. May I suggest moving to a more affluent neighborhood where this topic would not be a problem for you and yours. How presumptuous of you to think that the current inhabitants of the area would change their way of life just for you. You cannot necessitate Western culture in the Philippines or any place in Asia. No more than you can compel westerners to subsist like an Asian. As for me I will never allow anyone to speak shoddily of my adopted homeland.

9. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Miss judged you

I have read some of your other posts. Maybe I have miss judged you fourcats, Miss took your expanded vocabulary for a person with an air of supremacy and racial intolerance towards others. It really appeared that you were looking down on Filipino’s. If my judgment was flawed in any way I am very apologetic .

10. fourcats

fourcats DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unbeleivable this is my last post on this forum

Teacher: ?

1. Hi Speed Disco and trance and techno has UK AND AMERICAN origins. So the CULTure is Western to begin with. No need to make it an US VS THEM scenario where none exists. United we stand, divided we fall.

2. EGO has to do with turning the volume to a level where it invades others spaces at far distances.It is not used to enjoy music its used as a drug surogate on the brain. Please research the health effects of exposure to hi beat kosog music its not pretty. even effects blood pressure and heart rate! Now it's a health issue.

3. Nearly 50% of locals are also disturbed by noise issues. I empower people to stand up to their god given rights partially enumerated in the RP consititution. Private property rights are the building blocks of a free and open society.

4. This is a world wide problem and not just Philippines. Music is never the problem it is the tresspass via nuisance of private property effecting health and sleep patterns which is the fundamental right of me, my family and neighbors to fearful to ask for reason ability.

5. We have laws in place and if these LAWS were respected we wouldn't have an issue.. Should they apply to all or just some of us?

6. The type of people who say we don't need to pay attention to local ordiances and if you don't like leave are;
    GANGS!
    So if you are a gang member or thug or racist, and tell me to leave a country which I have dedicated a major portion of my life to, I find these as fighting words. If that's what you want you won't find foreigners coming to my aid. but Filipinos!

7. Nobody asked me to come but plenty asked me to stay!
    tinoud!

This ends this conversation. Any further personal attack will be taken as provocation and terroristic threatening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.