Dumaguete Info Search

The Joy of Stress

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by tfa1957, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Hi Tom, welcome back. Hope things settle down for you, and you get over and adjust to your new life. Next month/ Sept. is not a bad time to go....still a fair bit of rain of course, expect enough sunshine too though. Actually, for me it's my favourite time of year. Love the weather - has a lot of energy sometimes....sometimes too much. Will be warm but not stinking hot....after a few weeks you'll get used to it.....LOL....There are ways to keep cool. Good luck to you and keep us posted!

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Tom, welcome back.
    Hope to meet you soon here. Succes.

3. OP
    OP
    tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thank you guys. I'm sure it will take alot of adjusting, but I'm also looking forwrd to it, with the exception of the flying part. There have been alot of changes in my life, but I think I'm like most people here who have gone through similar things. With Dumaguete on the horizon, I feel excited also, about the prospect of starting over again. I can't say my kids (all grown now) are as happy about the move as I am, but I do like to travel. I'm also looking forward to meeting all of you and getting an education as well as some d*mn good stories. One thing though, don't pull my leg too hard or the d*mn thing will come right off. Why is it that most of the western world (Europe, Australia, New Zealand, & the U.S.) consider the Philippines to be so unsafe? I'm not sure if I should start a new thread on that, but I think I should. Anyway, I'm nearly packed with as little as possible, but should I bring a laptop computer or is it better to just buy a new one there?

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    I would say to bring one from there. Less expensive ,more choices and probably a better quality. I dont know why but it seems the same brands here and there are like night and day. Also you can find newer models there. We are a bit behind here lol

5. OP
    OP
    tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just ordered a new laptop today. I've never bought this particular name brand, but it is called Alienware, and I guess Dell makes them. I've never had a Dell before either, but I'm sure I'll make due with it for a couple of years The laptop that I had wasn't really that old, but after dropping it a few times they tend to stop working. (mental note: no more one legged hopping with laptop computers). I'm sure my cellphone won't be of any use there, and I'm guessing most use the prepay ones? Did I read somewhere that non-Filipino's can't get cellphone packages? I hope my memory is faulty on that one.

6. bikerdave

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    It Is possible for you to get a cellphone package here. Plenty of foreigners have them

7. OP
    OP
    tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just wasn't sure about the cellphone system for foreigners, but am glad to have this information. Thanks Dave, and stay dry.

8. bikerdave

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    No worries if you need some help with it after you arrive let me know. One grunt to another

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.