Dumaguete Info Search

The other Apo, no fish here

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by RHB, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Now we know what ur fav tele program now jimeve,tom and jerry :D

... can see the cat now in that 3rd pic.

2. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I am guessing from the volcanic history of APO, that these are volcanic in origin, frozen in time by cooling of lava as it boils into the ocean, creating all manner of strange shapes, some of the rocks also seem to have orgins of coral. Wind an sea eroded by day and night.

If anyone wants to experience this for themselves, go to the marine sanctuary, the end with the school (right side facing the sea.) wear sturdy shoes and be prepared for adventureous climbing over razor sharp rocks. I had my Nikon and flip flops, not good, but once I started, I just kept going until I realzed I had to go back the same way. I was bleeding by the time I got to the beach. So many interesting formations, my photos don't come close to capturing it.

Here is one more formation I liked,(bottom picture) this piece appeared as if poured over surounding rocks of a different color and texture. The other pic is the starting point of my "trek" (standing at the sanctuary). if you look very close, you will see one of my other shots hidden there. I guess to some this would seem just to be a pile of rocks.

Attached Files:

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    thats right pickled_ newt, I love pussies.... cats

4. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I saw a Giant Crocodile in the last picture stuck in the rocks. Nice pictures RHB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.