Dumaguete Info Search

The world cup

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by jimeve, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :eek: What can I say?:cool:
    Jack P.:wink:

2. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Viva España!

(Well, all I can say, is hope Jack P. can sleep tonight with all the fiesta going on, :D.)

The last vuvuzelas were blown and the firecrackers bursted a few minutes ago from Spain supporters here in our neighborhood that I can now finally put myself to sleep.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :rolleyes: It is 6.05am here in Spain AND they are still at it, No Doubt Not Going to work Today or if they Do, Nursing Very sore Heads, OH Well! Such is Life :cool:

Jack P.

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    This was by far the worst match of the tounament, none of the two teams deserved to win but if there was one team better than the other, it was Spain by little margin.

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    Yes it was a boring game with 13 bookings and a sending off, it looked more like a game of Rugby. For those who don't know what Rugby is. It's a game played by two teams of men with funny shaped balls....:D

6. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes we lost

But concratulations to Spain the best team won the final no duobt about that.

Geetings J.diver

7. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    It wasn't football as we know it, and it certainly wasn't sporting. Limited skill, a lot of posing and simulated fouls and completely uninspiring. Some teams have a deliberate tactic of surrounding the referee to try and intimidate, all of them gibbering at once to try and get an advantage. I wish referees would red card any player that interfered, because one way or another it is cheating.

As a world cup final, a global spectacle, it was complete and utter crap.

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    JohnBoy, I was a bit laughing when i just read your explanation about rugby: "....men with funny shaped balls...." :confused::wink::smile:
    So they first need to pass a special selection investigation ?:D
    It's 4 PM now and I'm out of my bed again since I went in at 9:30 AM.
    When the game was over and when I left Coco Amigos I looked to a marvelous scenery at the Boulevard.
    For those already out of the games it was of course certainly not spectacular, but for me it was thrilling till the end. Even a bad game can be thrilling.
    Spain .....congratulation with the cup. The Netherlands ....congratulations with the whole achievement. The only game they could not win in this whole championship (including the preselection games).
    Oh Lord, let it not happen again ....it's so devastating for my old body :wink:

PS: The time in the pictures are incorrect since our trip last month !! It was around 05:30 AM

Attached Files:

9. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Bwahhhhhhhhh I miss home -and thank you for posting the boulevard sunrise, and of course I give my respects to the far end - the pier!

Glad I can peek a part of the sacred pier, where my father whole his life carried cargoes on his back to feed us (yep, he was a porter at PPA-Dumaguete). Long live, El Cargador numero 14 (somebody must be carrying that number now...)!

10. OP
    OP
    jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Viva la Espana

Where shall I begin. The Dutch, never seen Dutch play like that sort of Football before, and never won't to either. they was lucky to have ten men on the pitch at the final whistle. should have had at least three sent off in the first half.
    Good job there was English ref's and not any other, the Dutch would be down to seven.

Spain, typical way they played, possession, just like the German game, the Dutch were chasing after the Spanish, just like the Germans, as I predicted on my previous post.

To sum up, Spain was the worthy winners by a mile, European Champions, now world Champions. Viva La Espana. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.