Dumaguete Info Search

This what you call torture

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by pickled_newt, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    You can find this tortured monkey displayed inside a small bird cage in one of the shops along Tanjay city main road,a shop that sells bamboo stuffs including shutters,ladders etc very close to the Mercury drug. My hubby took a shot of this monkey as he passed by .That was a very warm humid day about 30 oC ,that monkey must be boiling hot on that think white top and only restricted in a very small bird cage,with pierced ears and earings on them . Those people that did it to this poor creature never had any thought of such prolonged discomfort and suffering they caused for this monkey .I wish whoever have done this would have experienced what it's like treated like it .

Attached Files:

2. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    So sad what was done to that monkey. I pity so many of the animals because when there is not enough food for the people then there is not enough scraps or money for food for the animals that are just innocent victims.
    I also strongly urge foreigners to THINK TWICE when purchasing such cute monkeys or birds as a fling. This supports such trade and allows those that do this behavior to PROFIT from it. I remembered reading that there were lots of monkeys captured for the amusement and sale to tourist which caused a huge decrease in their numbers within the forest. It is sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.