Dumaguete Info Search

To Market

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by davfitz, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I really did not know what to call this next section. I suppose that it must be a glorification or piece in praise of that wonderful Dumaguete contrivance, the pedicab. Misnomer that it is, the word describes a wondrous work of transport which affords dependable, reliable, inexpensive and flexible mobility.

My first experience of pedicabs was in Dumaguete. I was immediately spoiled by them and became a fan. Those mere sidecars of other cities simply do not compare to the spacious, commodious conveyances we enjoy. I have experienced sharing one with six (or was it seven) others. Transport of goods home from shopping is a thing of beauty.

I am relocating soon from Ottawa, Canada to Dumaguete. I am a solid believer in public transport. By my rapid calculation my monthly Ottawa bus pass will purchase approximately 400 rides for myself and my family. What a happy bargain!

Yes, that's an ironing board in the last image. My skeptical family could not believe that it would serve as an improvised serving table until the real thing arrived. Longnoses are practical if mysterious, no?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.