Dumaguete Info Search

Today is the day...

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palotpotdangag

palotpotdangag DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    McDonalds serving "Tuba" for the locals

Let the local folks from the neighboring barrios surrounding Dumaguete experience the ambiance inside “ The McDonald Invasion”.

I love to watch a group of locals being invited during opening and having a good time bringing along one kerosene can of ‘ tuba” and order some kinilaw, manok halang-halang from the menu in this American restaurant.

I am sure all western boys wives will get a kick out of this event.

Else, this will be just another western fad.

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Pickled Newt , I could'nt agree with you more !! Yes, it is so much true. But sometimes a man has to stand for his opinion and how in the 1950 all the
    progress and Junkfood " culture " started out with.. MC DO ! ThHose in Duma that know me , will tell you I am pretty serious in what I will put into my mouth and that of my kids.... Thats what I ment with '.. What is wrong with home cooking.

IT IS NOT !! that I am against a Big Mac Fat once in a while but just the fact that people due to the introduction in other parts of the world like in my own country The Netherlnads ( I prefer to see myself nowadays as a half Filippino already ...) tend to eat MORE AND MORE of this stuff .. AND THAT is the waring in my post.... Same count for the Joillibee's and others.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hehe time for another stupid Rhoody coment... I wonder why Mc Do is so succesful if noboby goes there or only once in a month.... I was working for 12 years as a sound technician nobody bougth CD's from the Backstreet Boys, but the shows were always sould-out and the cd's no1 in the charts... I am sure there will be another Mc Do in Robinson, hehe... I think their french fries are worldclass... hehe. Anyway my favourite burger is the DBB-Burger at i-o-u at the boulevard at 2 o'clock in the morning after 2 drinks to much at Hayahay on a wednesday.... DBB stands for (Drunk-b@st@rd-Burger) the real name is chili-cheese without egg and some spicy sauce on top... hehe... and then a ride back home to Dauin with a Tricycle without light. cheers, see you on a wednesday at 2 am

Rhoody

4. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Sinners in Dumaguete

Rhoody,

Sounded like our night last night...

We went in to town to attend the grand opening and take some pictures. Then when around 2pm when it was time to go home the driver could not start the van... So Outcast and I went down to Coco Amigos to have a few beers... Few beers turned in to a few more beers...

And at 2am we staggered out of the shoenazi place fell in to a tricycle then down to the 24 hour McD and sinned for the second time that day hehehehehe

Long tricycle ride home to Dauin... he had lights though... and he only switched them off when there was a car approaching

5. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Having a McD here is great for tourists, I know a lot who will only eat well known junk the first couple of days or a few days before a flight or something so they know their stomach is used to the food.

6. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Rhoody , Trust me when I say I DO HAVE CD,s from the Backbstreet Boys (or gays) hahaha. but NEVER go to MC DO.. that is since a couple of years......
    EVERYBODY YEH HEY, ROCK YOUR BODY..... MC DO IS BACKSTREET BACK IN TOWN.. te doom doom doom

7. Chloe

Chloe DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Friggin MC DO in Dumaguete

Hey guys...hows the opening of Mc Donalds yesterday?was it a success? just curious.:D
    cheers,Chloe

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Earl, I go to Mc Do from time to time, especially when i am in germany, (once in the last 5 years) i love french fries with caramel sauce, but they don't make that, so I have to buy icecrem w/ caramel sauce without icecream and french fries seperate. If I order a burger and start complaining about the presentation, cause it's very different to to pictures over the counters they are very confused.... hehe... see what a mean a... I am?

Rhoody

hehe Dane sounds like a good night out

9. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hey guys, where are your pics? Can't wait to see them here!!!

By the way, McDo is open 24 hours, so we went there almost midnight because of the verrrryyyyyy long line of people during daytime. Didn't really eat much. Just had a cup of iced tea and the yummy McFlurry, while my companions splurged on BigMac and French Fries...wow, it's a nice addition to the city's restaurants.

According to the staff of McDo, they will soon put up a Playplace and maybe, just maybe, a McCafe...It all depends, though on the market behavior.

10. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I guess we will soon have KFC and one of those national chain of coffee shops around Silliman Avenue. And a lot to expect from Robinsons Place Dumaguete because the Chairman of the Board of Robinsons Land himself will soon be an honorary alumni of Silliman!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.