Dumaguete Info Search

Top 10 in the World? In Dreamworld!

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by ZambeziKid, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Just in front of jeddah

Thank you Garbonzo. I was stationed some 17 years ago in Purt Sudan and the Islands between Purt and Jeddah are of an unbelievable beauty and RICHNESS . Ten Thousands of Pseudochromis fridmani and more.. Also some endemic fish like Pseudocheillinus octolineatus ( not octoteania ) and schools of Holacanthus ( Apoolimichthys) xanthotis..
    I have blocked Zambezi kiddy now so I cannot read more of his efforts to swindle us around about his claim on Indonesia..
    Some people believe they still can win after they have bitten the dust..:wink:

2. Melvin Tinklehopper

Melvin Tinklehopper Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WTF is Purt Sudan? Is that the part of Sudan where the young chicks hang out?

I smell boola-boola.

Hahahahahahaha

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Zambezi, can you give the names of those islands (group). I went also to Bali and visited the west coast (Menjangan- 1998) and the east coast (Tulamben and neighbourhood). Diving was OK to me but not the top of the bill. Which group of islands at the east coast you went to ?

4. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    That's not really wise Earl, because he is a DIVER and has very good arguments. I'm not wanting to say that you're likely not a very capable biologist (or what ever you name it) but he is seeing it from his own standpoint which is: having dived at many spots in the world and making his own comparisons. As I said earlier, who is wright and who is wrong ???? Nobody, because it's all about perception from your own background; being a diver or being a biologist.
    I do appreciate his contribution very much as I do yours as well, but I see no point in blocking his positive input. I hope he will share more.
    But again, it's your choise.

5. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Earl, good fellow Dutchman, please let's have a nice discussion.
    It's no matter of " who wins" . This is no competition. I learn from you and I learn from the others and surely from Zambezikid as well.
    No need to try to overrule one onother, but try to add only information.
    I know that's a strong point you have because of your knowledge, but leave the rest out of your postings please.
    Still friends ? :smile: :D

6. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes bio-diversity is important.
    But everything else is related to your special-interest in diving. Wrecks ,sharks,macro,spearfishing,current,cave etc etc.
    So bio-diversity for me is the only valid one. Even if it dont hit me in my "heart".
    I have no trouble with seeing that my favourite spot not neccesary hits the "peak"
    And for that matter I started my scubadiving 30 years ago.

7. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    So this is all about of putting an too "aggressive" header to this thread.
    Cause it is his and a lot of others subjective meaning,but no a fact, so far.

8. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am watching this forum since 4 month now and I liked it a lot... this Zambesikid forced me to register. He is a complete Looney Toon, I prefer Mr. Tinklhoppers posts. IMHO here is what it is:

a frustrated man (dive travel agent, yeah... Karabow-poo)
    He tried that agent story here, but still had to pay for his dives, so he is frustrated.
    even the cheap boulevard-chicks gave him a pass...
    he is copying some links from and knowledge from the net.
    now he is a vegan, I hope it is because he gets allergys when he eats animal products.
    Man, you are a joke, tlaking about giving people here a better life with money....

Your F.... culture brought plastic bags to this world, but you never told us how to get rid of plastic bags. We used natural products (banana - leaves).
    And we threw it away. We do the same with the things you brought...

We are sitting at the beach everyday and some fish, rice Tanduay-Rum and we are happy. That fishermen want more fish is the demand of YOUR western - culture. Don't blame us for that. "Hey, we need more Tuna ..." A Tuna feeds our family. But YOU guys flying around the world and destroying the athmosphere (I don't think you came with a bike to the philippines). YOUR culture is using all natural sources they can get, raping the earth.

Looney Toon is the polite version. 1st world Judas is what I mean !!!

Gass

9. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    This thread went downhill fast.
    I was hoping for another lively and informative thread on conservation. The fact remains, whomever you choose to blame, the coral environment in the Philippines is in peril. The best solution is educating people around the world in conservation and encouraging them to discontinue those activities that threaten our environment.

10. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Easier said than done. How would one go about teaching people if the same people are either too stubborn or just don't want to know an alternative way of doing what they do. Forgive me for sounding pessimistic but it's like talking to a brick wall. Unless something is done, and done yesterday it is too little too late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.