Dumaguete Info Search

Top 5 Personal Favorite Destinations

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by TradeWind, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    TradeWind

TradeWind DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My impression is Sugar Beach, Sipalay is a bit off the beaten path, but that's probably a good thing!

Will definitely be calling the day of the flight to make sure it has not been canceled if going to Bantayan Island.

Rumor has it the Chinese have a stranglehold on business in Bantayan Island, in case you are thinking of moving there and starting a business. (An American here tried repeatedly to get a license and permit to operate a gas station there without success...)

2. lightcycler

lightcycler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My favorite spot so far in Phils is Tagaytay. Love Leslies resteraunt there. The taal inn is also an awesome place for me all rooms have a balcony facing the volcano and lake.

Puerta Gallera would come in second as for me the price and relaxation were awesome. Went Island hopping for a half day and some of the islands my wife and I were the only ones on the beach. Man I want to go back now.

Next trip my wife wants to go to Boracay and we will as well as Palawan but then we will be heading back to Dumaguete for sure.

3. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Love Ko Siquijor..... And Sipalay and anywhere on sugar beach whether it's Takatuka, Bermuda resort, driftwood or Sulu Sunset (Yogi's Place). There's also Langub resort towards the end of the beach, haven't stayed there but they would always cook the fish for Us (for a small nominal fee of course) that We bought off the fishermen when they came ashore.... No karaoke, no jet skis, no noise.... Just love sugar beach.. Even visited the small fishermans village a short walk behind sulu sunset and Langub resorts. Very nice people, and didn't even though it existed until my wife and daughters stumbled across it.. Shared a few beers with the locals... Very friendly village....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.