Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist visa extensions in the Philippines

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Naaling, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lesmbro

lesmbro DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    As far as I can gather, you are allowed 22 days without a visa, so, if you have a few days before your visa starts, then there is no problem.
    I have a visa or 22nd Oct. although I arrive 2 days earlier. The consulate said that it is not a problem because you are allowed 22 days without a visa.
    Hope this is of help to you.
    Take care of yourself.

2. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    dont believe your consulate. Often here in the philippines the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing! If you catch my drift. Your visa should be ok on entry you will not get 21days (not 22) then have your visa start.it will ether start on entry or possibly voided unless you exit and re-enter the country. Check your validity dates again.:confused:

3. lesmbro

lesmbro DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    My flight is for the 20th, although, the visa starts two daye later. On the other hand, have a flight back out before 59 days but, wish to renew visa, and cancel flight. Hope it will work ok.
    Will I have to pay extra to get my guitar on the flight?
    Leave here in two days. Take care.

4. bikerdave

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    If they wont allow you in on the 59 day visa,then you will get 21 days(not 22) upon entry. Then you may extend for 38 days(not 39) to make 59 days. When that is up you may wish to extend again for another 59 days (not 60) Hope you get the point. As far as your guitar if they charge too much leave it there and buy a new one here. Guitars are cheap in the philippines and good quality. Hope you can figure out the rest from here mate

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    my three cents.. Dave is of course correct up to the first 59 days.

After that you get extensions for 2 month, so it could be 59, 60, 61 or even 62 days depending on the months.

As your Visa does not start upon entry, you might have just lost the money, in the unlikely event the authorities look at it closer...

you can get a great piece of wood, nice to play and real good sound starting 5000 peso...

cheers

Rhoody

6. TheSwede

TheSwede DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am here again. I got the 21 day visa on arrival. I once did an extension in Dumaguete to get 38 extra days. I remember that it was very easy. What I dont remember is if there was a need to produce an onward ticket or not. If there is I will just buy one before I go to the office. I am also thinking about doing this visa extension now here in Cebu city, where I am now. It can be done anytime right? I just arrived in the Philippines on the 18th of October. I am flying back to Europe from Bangkok and have a ticket from Bangkok to Europe already. It is fairly easy for me to buy a ticket to Bangkok from the Philippines, just a bit lazy to do it now. Also it would be nicer to decide the departure later on. Maybe a bit lazy question, but I dont seem to find this on immigration bureau site. The bit about onward ticket. I had an onward ticket when I flew from Taipei to Manila (Manila-kota Kinabalu) which I produced, but that is thrown away now....;-)

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    for the visa extension you dont need an onward ticket . some copies, passport, money, 20 minutes... done :smile:

8. baxxmike

baxxmike DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all and thanks for the Info. I will be arriving in Manila in Nov. and then down to Dum. for 31 days with no visa in hand. Can I go to Cebu before 21 days and get one there or absolutely get it before I arrive

9. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they ask you a question on the form about an onward ticket, and a flight number, but you can put anything. They don't ask to see one.

there's a number of really dumb questions on the form, like 'wife's name', but not 'husband's name' - as if female visitors are barred from the Philippines and it's compulsory for all the guy tourists to marry Filipinas even if they only come for a week.

10. bikerdave

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Mike there is nan Immigration office here in Dumaguete. No need to go to Cebu for an extention:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.