Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa for the states.

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by dodong, Feb 7, 2011.

1. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'd like to take my ex-gf to the states. Just show her around, give her a taste of travel. Does anyone have experience trying to help a friend get a tourist visa to the states? I've always assumed it was impossible, or so much of a hassle that it may just as well be impossible. But I thought someone here might know. Thanks in advance!

2. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Why would you take your ex?

Yes it's basically impossible

:cool:

3. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mission Impossible!

Does your XGF own property in her name, age 35 -40 or older, professional employment and a lot of money in the bank she have a 1% chance but it is very slim if not impossible to get a tourist visa.

Been there, Done that, many tries and cries....IMPOSSIBLE!

Benjamin

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

YOU can't help her, other than with emotional support and information. She must stand on her own through the process. She must have very strong ties, home ownership, fat bank accounts, business, etc. The younger she is the more difficult it will be.

If she is over 50 and has all of the above, no problem!

Larry

5. OP
    OP
    dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Young, no savings, no property, works in a department store. Yeah, I figured it wasn't possible. Too bad. Thanks for the confirmation.

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Dodong, I gave up trying to get one for my wife, and she has a house and bank account in her name. Check former posts, particularly those from Shadow, on this subject. Homeland Security changed the way we live forever, thanks to f*#@&g 911.

7. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go to Mexico and cross the border there....Just cross at the Obama route and they will greet you on the US side for your vote next election. :-( 911 doesn't seem to have made it to that location yet.. Lack of border patrol due to Obama. Just an idea for your girlfriend thats the weakest point intering the US.

Alan

8. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hill Topper, You took the words right out of My Mouth....Well said!

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    7/11

:o You know something, I feel more than a little Sad, that this 1 (one) event has had such an impact on the world. It changed the way that WE (the Western World) viewed Entry to our home countries, SHE is your wife (or Husband) for Goodness sake AND yet here we are in the PI and ALL are still welcome for at least 21 days on a recognised Passport. Makes you wonder does it NOT! just who has it right?

Jack P.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

No so easy as all that. Most all flights to Mexico require a US transit visa, which is just as hard for filipinos to get as a tourist visa!

Larry