Dumaguete Info Search

Transport to CDO

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by gelynch52ph, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gelynch52ph

gelynch52ph DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I may be visiting Dumaguete on my way to CDO in January. Is there a ferry or another way of getting between the 2 land masses other than by plane?

Jerry

2. a007esprit

a007esprit DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

car nut anything with cars and old bikes
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Super ferry

Hi Jerry ,yes there is the Super ferry that go's to CDO , I did bring my car to CDO in September , so its already a couple of months ago.
    Cheers
    Chris

3. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dumnaguete to Mindanao feries

Hi Jerry,

There is no plane service to Mindanao from Dumaguete.

Inferior Ferry makes one round trip to CdO a week.

There are some four to six trips to Dapitan each day between 12mn and 5pm. CdO might be 7 hours away by bus or car. There are just about as many trips back to Dumaguete each day, but between something like 6am and 4pm.

Regarding vagueness: George and Peters trips are one way. Some other lines go fewer than seven days a week. And schedules are not here at the computer.

4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    For those comtemplating a trip from Mindanao to Dumaguete, my experience was terrible.
    There is a Sunday ferry direct from Iligan to Duma, but it was a day or two, to early for our schedule. My wife decide we should take overnight boat to Cebu Tuesday and fast jet Cebu to Dumaguete.
    We arrived in Cebu to find that the ferry to Dumaguete had just left and the next one would be 4.30pm that day! Needless to say our crossing took longer than our flight's from UK- Manila. Reccomend CDO-Manila-Dumaguete or vice versa by plane if traveling light and just as cheap.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    For CDO/Duma, we usually take the night ferry to Cebu, then the bus to Duma. This puts us in Duma usually by noon.

Larry

6. kazumi

kazumi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a direct route CDO-DGTE vice versa.
    CDO-DGTE: Every Saturday 11:59pm via Cebu Ferries
    DGTE-CDO: Every Sunday 10:00am via Cebu Ferries

I should know, I'm from Cagayan de Oro City, studying here in Dumaguete.

7. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There is a daily trip to CDO but it's in Cebu City at pier 4 and pier 3 . Boats are Cebu ferries, TransAsia while Superferry is 2 to 3 time per week. Airlines:
    CEBU Pacific Air Cebu City To Cagayan de Oro 1h 5m
    Philippine Air Cebu City To Cagayan de Oro. I guess you have to go to Cebu if your in hurry, but for a lazy trip , you can wait here in Dumaguete and wait for superferry once a week trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.