Dumaguete Info Search

Travel Warning Southern Cebu

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by okiebound, Nov 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I think the 'invisible chain' referred to is the connection between the Filipino voters and the bag of rise they get when they vote for the person that gave them the rice. This bag of rice invisibly link the Filipino vote to the candidate that have stolen enough in the past to bribe them for their votes in the election. Of coase this is all illegal that is why the authories can not see it, consequently is is called "invisible" . The politicians fill the votes stomachs at election times, and starve them the rest of the time, so they are eager to get their next bag of rice at elections again. It is call the “election cycle of nutrients” :o o:

I do not think the Expats are benefiting from the helping hand of the local politicians. You seldom see them eating rice. Filipinos select the politicians by their votes and/or eating habits. This is old time custom in the Philippines. :o o:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    German sailors abducted, killed in Philippines: military
    And this couple had already been kidnapped once before. Yikes
    Also: Abu Sayyaf Claims to Have Kidnapped German, Killed Woman

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. aldinlapinig

aldinlapinig DI Junior Member

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I've read this article this morning in Negros Chronicle. It reads Abus Kidnap Threats Real - https://negroschronicle.com/abus-kidnap-threats-real/.

I really hope this won't worsen. This will really affect the local tourism in Negros. In fact, after this news went live online, a Korean friend of mine whose group will be visiting here next week was very worried about the news and called me right away. I had to explain to him everything and assure their safety. They would have cancelled their trip here otherwise. Tsk3x...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Do you provide security in the area for tourists? Not being a smart @ss here, generally interested if you, or someone you know, provides security services in the Visayas.

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The Philippine National Police in Negros Oriental, through its Provincial Public Safety Company, will initiate a dialog with resort owners and managers today in Dauin town to discuss security threats and other concerns on the safety of guests.

PNP Acting Provincial Director Sr. Supt. Henry Biñassaid he has tasked Supt. Elmer Decena, PPSC chief, to take the lead during the meeting to initially identifythe problems and concerns of the resorts, especially on security matters.

Biñassaid he has designated the PPSC as the lead police unit to secure the resorts, especially in the southern part of the province, in coordination with the police stations.

At the regular meeting of the Provincial Peace and Order Council meeting last week, the Philippine Army disclosedin its briefing presentation that many of the resorts in Dauin had “weak” security. DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm starting to smell a business opportunity developing in the region. I know of several electronic "deterrents" that could be very useful to beach resorts. Then again, most would probably not be willing to pay for any real protection (and the maintenance that protection requires) for their guests. The government/Coast Guard would be even less likely to foot the bill.

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I've just had the British embassy on the phone about a change on their travel warning on terrorism in southern Cebu.
    The southern part of Cebu will now change from green to orange on the map and the advise is don't go!

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to the southern part of Cebu province, up to and including the municipalities of Badian and Dalaguete, due to the threat of terrorism”.

I tried to ask specific questions about this but no answers were given.
    I also asked if southern Negros and siquijor will be added,as of now the map will stay green and no specific threat!

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    As it should be: you are unlikely to get any answers to specific threats/intel. Giving specifics could give these groups their own intelligence on how they are being tracked and allow them to evade those intel gathering techniques. Hopefully our governments aren't giving to much info to the LGUs as they are very corrupt and could be tipping off these groups for the right price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    All I can seem to get is the areas from santandare to dalagiete and the municipality of Badian. Let's hope they knock this crap on the head before it spreads.

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They tell the US military to p*ss off. A few months later these turds are operating in territory they never had before. I know correlation does not imply causation but...I believe if things continue on at the current pace I won't be needing to go to the ME or SWA for good paying contracts.

• Like Like x 2