Dumaguete Info Search

Tricycle rental info

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Bandit, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking to find out where the tricycle drivers go to in Dgte to get their rental tricycles, and how much the rent is. I think I kind of got the notion that there are 1 or 2 big shots in town renting them out.

Anyone know where to GO ?

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Renting a scooter starts at 20 peso per hour Car with airoc and driver is 200 peso 0plus gas . Trikes are about same but sometimes like even more then private driven cars......... Much to expensive is renting at Happy Freds... The only one that will be happy over the deal is @#$% Fred himself......

3. rmlupu

rmlupu DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think that is the case. While there may be a few companies that own many and hire drivers I believe most of the pedicabs are privatley owned and operated. Pedicabs must be licensed and I think there may be rules about "renting" them out. I think you must post "Family Use" when not actually accepting fares.

My brother-in-law owns and drives one (nights) and he rents it out to one other driver (days) but never to the general public. I could be wrong though and I will ask him too see if he knows of a place or individual who rents to the public and what rules must be followed.

4. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess I didn't make it clear enough :smile: I don't want to rent it for me, I'm looking for info so I can put relatives to work driving tricycles in DGte. But I don't know who the big owners are where Filipinos wanting to drive and make money go to rent them.

Di ba?

Maybe some of you on the board can ask tricycle drivers as you travel around and find out where they get their rigs to rent..?

5. rmlupu

rmlupu DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will ask my brother-in-law and see. He may actually have some work himself, I will see. If you want to e-mail me some information about the individual/individuals who are looking that would help as well (A resume so to speak).

Richard Lupu
    r m l u p u @ (remove this and the spaces) g m a i l . c o m

6. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Resume ? I didn't think renting a trike was a formal process.. :eek:

:D

I have 2 bros in law living well South of Dgte that my wife and I are going to try and convince to get real jobs instead of fishing-which doesn't provide steady income anymore.

They're both married with children, and in their 40's.

Not much else to say about them..

We'll actually probably try and urge them on to Cebu City first to drive taxi, but may have to settle for them being a Dgte tricycle drivers.

If I were betting, I'd say they'll refuse to leave the old brgy anyway, but-you never know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.