Dumaguete Info Search

Tricycle routes?

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Homer, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    You guys can complain all you want about the trikes and the way they don't obey any "rules of the road", etc.
    As a 4X4 wheel driver, I agree with all that's been said about their thoughtless driving.
    But you know what?
    When we first came here to check out Duma....the very first thing that my asawa was sooooooo impressed by, was the fact that on out first trike ride from Annebelle's back to Harold's Mansion, she gave the driver 20 Php.....AND HE RETURNED THE CHANGE without being asked!
    My asawa says that would never happen in Pangasinan - where she is from. LOL.

2. lyjhugeo

lyjhugeo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for sharing that experience Don, that means not all trike drivers in Dgte are bad...I'm proud of those drivers that do public service honestly.

3. charlotte

charlotte DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me too, I am glad some of trikes driver done it well, also they just laugh and smile about the freaking road...but i know soon it will be fixed. First time in Dumaguete, with.. that road! Felt too bad about it, but still I enjoy when I was there, sometimes when I go out at night, rare trikes you can see.

Hope that Robinson is done before Christmas.

4. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Please note, that when you are riding a tricycle, you are paying for one seat and not the whole tricycle. If you want the convinience of having the whole tricycle to yourself and going directly to your destination, this is called a "special trip", and for such trips the standard rate of 7 peso + 1 peso for each extra kilometer (or whatever) do not apply.

If a foreigner flags down an empty tricycle, it is usually assumed without asking, that he want a "special trip", and this is the reason for many misunderstandings between drivers and costumers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.