Dumaguete Info Search

Trust

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by firefly, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    No, not a trust fund or business company but just trust among ordinary people.
    How much do we trust each other, and what is it worth?
    When people marry each other there certainly is no problem. But after five years, ten years or more?
    Trust of cause is not only among partners but is part of daily life in general.
    What is the value of this word in the Philippines?
    If I buy hardware to be delivered I have to pay in advance does that mean the store don’t trust me or anybody in general.
    If you go to the bank to deposit, there is a big chance that your money goes around the office while you are waiting without any proof what you give to the first person.
    This kind of attitude is typical for the Philippines, in one way you are not trusted on the other hand you are expected to trust others in a very extensive way.
    Does this “trust culture” give any problems? Most likely not but when it goes wrong it can go very, very wrong.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Most unfortunate.

:( Firefly, not sure where you got this thought from but never a truer word has been said for sometime here. each and everyday Azon and I account for just about every cent we spend, not a matter of us not trusting each other, we have never given any reason not to, we do it to make sure we have not been silly and allowed ourselves to be ripped off (not a term I like but seems a DI phrase of late) We check fuel pumps are set to zero, check all Restaurant Bills, Supermarket Receipts, just about all items bought are checked on the OR. Small change even is checked. I guess we trust no one anymore. And yet, if we sell something, car, bike, unwanted tools etc, we are asked OH! can I pay a down payment and the rest instalment? so whilst it does not give us any problem, it is the trust from our side that could as you say go so very wrong. Off course, as we are in the PI saying NO! can cause more problems, a catch 22 I guess.
    Firefly, I applaud this Thread, it has made me sit up and think, why we do things? without really giving it much thought.:wink:

Jack P:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.