Dumaguete Info Search

Trying to find out more about your City.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Heinz Schirmaier, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    totally agree with you

I totally agree with you, in order to get the quality cheeses and foods to make really good, authentic mexican food puts a real mexican restaurant way out of reach and it would be have to priced accordingly and most folks here wouldn't likely pay those prices very often, not often enough to keep one afloat (unless he has the money just sitting around to keep it open)......like I said....he was wanting thoughts....it was just my thought....take it or leave it. I will be making enchiladas, occasionally, at home, using ingredients I will be sending over from abroad....but only for personal use, as it will be very painstaking (and expensive) making my own corn tortillas, etc...:smile:

2. richard08

richard08 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another hint is to cater a Restaurant designed for tricyle/pedecab drivers am sure these sector have a very wide market. ^__^

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Drive thru? :D

4. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Te Quiero, Taco Bell!!

How 'bout Taco Bell....delivery??!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    As a side note.....Lee Plaza and Hypermart were selling boxes of taco shells right around Christmas/New Years and decent cheddar cheese too! The taco shells were fresh and crispy too! :D Now we just need tortillas!

6. OP
    OP
    Heinz Schirmaier

Heinz Schirmaier DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone.
    I have really appreciated all of your comments and input and I'm getting even more confused. If everything is sooo expensive over there how come you all are still there?
    All I want to do isretire with my monthly SS check and keep busy doing something. I've always been a business man and that is all I know. Maybe I should just go to Cebu, find a Village by the water and built a boat. I know that I can live there on about half of what I get monthly, the rest I can use to built the boat and explore. Now THAT would be retirement but also boring. Do you all understand what I'm saying? I can't just sit around drinking beer and be useless, gotta do something. I'm still open for suggestions and if some of you peoples business there failed maybe you were not innovative enough. Product, gimmick and location is the key to success, worked for me here, will work for me anywere, just need to get input and I'll take it from there.
    Thank you again everyone, I really appreciate it.
    Heinz Schirmaier

7. OP
    OP
    Heinz Schirmaier

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    P.S.
    There are only 2 I.C's in Valencia, 15 min. from Duma and NO Restaurants, still doing my homework, thought you'd like to know.

8. boomerang

boomerang DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 1
    But there's no cash-flow around, or you like to be paid in coconuts ?

9. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Heinz,
    I am right there with you....my husband and I just retired here (still in Manila) from the U.S. in July, living on his retirement income.....which is totally do-able in Dumaguete, by the way. I don't live in Dumaguete yet, so some of the others can respond to this (if they are nice about it, because I don't know, I am just offering suggestions, ok?). My 11 year old daughter used to love roller skating and I do see a lot of kids with roller blades, but I haven't seen a roller skating rink anywhere around.....we used to go to one in Oklahoma that wasn't fancy, it was just basically a large flat floor, with some disco lighting to make it fun....where they made most of their monies was on the concessions, I think. Anyway, not sure if there are any roller skating rinks in Dumaguete, but I doubt it. Also, but, this would be more expensive....a bowling alley....all ages enjoy, the adults like to drink beer (a lot of them have a bar) while they play...another place that makes bookoo bucks on the concessions. Just a couple of more ideas...........
    Marie

10. OP
    OP
    Heinz Schirmaier

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Marie.
    WOW, what a good suggestion about the skating rink and such a minimal investment!
    Ok folks! Are there any Rinks in Duma?
    Thank you Marie, I will follow up on that. I have a good feeling about it and you are right, the concession will make the monet, especially with Hot Dogs, Sausages, Waterbuffalo Burgers (ha,ha) Seattle Cheese Steaks, enchiladas, frijoles, taco's, other mex food and of course filip. Yep, I can already picture it. All we need is skaters, music & lights.
    Thanks again Marie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.