Dumaguete Info Search

Twin Lakes

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by pickled_newt, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    True but having this two tier system entrance fee,filipino pay lower ,foreigners pay higher.It's not the question of how much money charge on top for foreigners ,it's the principle . I am fili born ,but I will have my say ,that this kind of practice is irritating and discriminating on other races and nationalities and should not be encouraged .I am here in the UK ,and how it's gonna be if I visit a museum or a landmark and being myself coloured /a foreigner be charge more for admission fee on the same grounds practiced in the twin lakes and all other filipinos scattered all over the globe be treated like that by their host countries .

ps .that was time for change marky... not because you're nagging me earlier.:wink:

2. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks for those nice pictures Rev Robinson.Looks like a school excursion in one of those pictures. All Children loaded in a lorry .This can be typical in the Philippines ,it's life. I always said to my children who seem to take for granted their comfort and ease here never to waste and complain too much ,otherwise I'll send them both to live in the Philippines and be more disciplined . :wink:

3. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    This was I initially thought about this massive difference of entrance fee between the pinoys and foreigners. This is some sort of racial discrimination.:eek: I didn't bother at that time as 100php is still affordable. And it is just nothing when you will discover the hidden beauty of the twin lakes.

4. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK buddy, I hope to see u someday here.

5. kjigs

kjigs DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    recent balinsasayaw photos

Attached Files:

6. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    It's NOT about the amount of money chrissar,but the PRINCIPLE involve.Most foreign visitors can pay even a thousand pesos entrance fee or more with less fuzz ,but the principle behind this two tier system fee based on the difference of race /nationality is discrimininatory ,it has a touch of racism and doesn't reflect of a more civilized society .

7. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    It's NOT about the amount of money chrissar,but the PRINCIPLE involve.Most foreign visitors can pay even a thousand pesos entrance fee or more with less fuzz ,but the principle behind this two tier system difference based on race /nationality in practice doesn't reflect a more civilized society .

8. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

It's NOT about the amount of money chrissar,but the PRINCIPLE involve.Most foreign visitors can pay even a thousand pesos entrance fee or more with less fuzz ,but the principle behind this two tier system difference based on race /nationality in practice doesn't reflect a more civilized society .

If they want to augment money revenues for the maintainance and environmental preservation of the Twin lakes , they can put another donation scheme with receipt (strange as this may sound ) but might help track down money donations and would look more transparent .

9. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks for sharing your nice pictures kjigs.

10. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If we go you're way on "principles", than one of two things will happen.

Fees raised for local residents:
    1) Local people won't be able to pay the entrance fee and enjoy the beauty of Twin Lakes, it'll become a "wealthy and foreigner only" attraction....or

Fee lowered for foreigners:
    2) Gate fees won't meet expenses and groundskeepers will lose their jobs and get sent home....place gets trashed out and becomes not so nice.

A hundred pesos is 2 dollars, I'll pay my hundred pesos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.