Dumaguete Info Search

TXT-ing in the philippines

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'm also one of the fans of rhoody here, I'm always laughing of his posts even it's a serious comments but his style of doing it can bring you to laugh.....:smile:

2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Thank you, that makes me blush at 8:00am in the morning.
    I only think if we are all honest here on the board we can discuss many even serious topics with a sense of humor. "The Dane" and all of you guys made this Forum to the number one worldwide about our area

... Because of the information he/we all provoide
    ....because of the controversy of the topics
    ....because of a fantastic cultural and character-mix of the members.
    ....because we getting more and more original Dumaguetenios on the board
    .... because of so many more reasons

I just don't take things tooo serious, If I can't laugh and smile each f... single day I would go for a very last dive.
    All members I met on our DumagueteInfo meetings are just so great individuals.

Sh... that would be a 6 peso-txt minimum... so pls pass me a load

Amen, coffee is ready

Rhoody

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    First three phrases I learned in the Philippines;

1.I have no load
    2. No change sir
    3. Hi Joe

Next the phrases I learned in the Philippines

1. Can you give me load?
    2. Keep the change sir?
    3. Give me Peso?

No one has yet mentioned the plethora of forwarded txts, canned philosophy, religious inspiration, advice to the love lorn, and some in ASCI Art which rarley displays properly on cell phones. often sent amonymously.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    not to forget:

whats your name?
    where you come from?
    first time in the philippines?
    where do you stay?
    are you alone?

cheers

Rhoody

5. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    as my number is public, I got some daily txt by people I don't know. Today I got a nice quick txt exchange again...

Incoming: Hi, can you be my friend and txt-mate

Rhoody: sorry, no interest

Incoming: ok, go to hell !

I guess I got one future ex-friend less in the world... again. If I continue like that I will die very alone

Rhoody

6. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Txts cost money, even unlimited 24 hour loads have an expiry. So I just ignore the phony txt mate inquiries, and eventually they just give up, not cost effective for a zero response. Basic Pavlovian conditioning.

However miscalls are free, and I still occasionally get miscalls from unknown numbers or who knows who.
    I joke to my young friends about my new TM plan with unlimited miscalls, their ears perk up for just a second until it registers.

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    yeah, but they have the money to spend 15 or 30 peso each day for txting, but "can't" afford rice on the plate...

cheers

Rhoody

8. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    so true..
    Globe et al has done a good job of marketing "free" txts and "unlimited" txts making the kids think a txt has a value like a kilo of rice, when in actuality they are selling a service.

I try to convince my step daughter and friends that a txt has no value in itself, but the abstraction eludes them, they aren't able to get that globe is getting them for 4-600 pesos a month regardless of how many useless txts they send each other in 24 hours.

9. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Did you know that if you have a good phone or new phone that you can access the internet for 10 pesos per every 30 minutes. Just go into Smart and they will set up your phone and then you should be all set. You can access anything on the internet; email, news, stocks, etc. You can access wherever you have a smart signal. So, not only texting and speaking on the telephone now. Most of you probably already know this. I just became aware of this the other day.

10. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    and if you have a laptop and bluetooth on your phone you can use it anywhere you get a signal.
    In addition if you want to pay the freight you can go to Cebu, maybe even now in Dumsville, and get a smart wireles card for your laptop and get internet anywhere there is a smart wireless signal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.