Dumaguete Info Search

U.S. Emabssy change in DNA requirements

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by expatron, Mar 27, 2011.

1. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    actually within the last hour i received a text from my wife informing me that while shopping in Cebu she managed to lose her wallet which just happened to have p25,000 in it...grrrrrr At the moment this does seem like the better investment...

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Ron, can you get your child a US citizenship, if your wife is not one? Thanks

3. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Yes as long as one of you are American. I thought this might be of interest to you.:D
    Ron

4. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks Ron, as things progress I will check that out. I am assuming being we are married and it will be our child, there will not be a dna requirement. We have about 5 1/2 mos to go.:smile:

5. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Pat, just be prepared, they are getting stricter now. There have been so many fraudulent cases in the last few years, I suspect it may be required for all soon, if not already.
    You can also get your child an ss card as soon as citizenship is granted.
    Ron

6. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Ron, is your wife a US citizen? I probably will not try and go through the process to apply for my wife but it is sounding like I may be able to at least apply for my child, once born, realizing nothing will be easy.

7. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Pat, No my wife is a Filipina not a U.S. citizen. It only takes you and if by chance your receiving ss your child can also.
    Ron

8. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    My experience on this is quite dated but you should get to the consulate as soon after the birth as you have all the forms required. They will issue a report of birth overseas as well as a passport and SS card. If you wait a couple years it is much more difficult.

9. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Yes Kenny that is also my understanding, that's why I started the process within 2 weeks of my daughter's birth.
    Ron

10. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Up date, just talked to my friend going through the DNA process. The estimated cost is around P100.000. It takes 4 trips to Manila if DNA is required. Out of the group he was in, only one couple was not required DNA. They were married several years and had proof they were together at the time of conception, lot's of pictures during pregnancy and minutes after birth, also many of their house and almost daily pic's of the child.

If there is any suspection from the interrogator, such as your story and your wives don't match exactly or if she ever worked in a bar. DNA is for sure.

If it is required, a DNA pack is sent from the states then St. Lukes takes a mouth swab and returns it to the states for processing.
    I hope this helps.
    Ron

• Like Like x 1