Dumaguete Info Search

U.S. SSA Checks Could be Delayed

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    In my opinion it is Obama's fault due to his wild spending and his lack of care towards people that payed into the mandatory system.
    Ron

2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Haha, Jim, I did exactly that. Still need my SSA checks though.
    Well pondering that dilemma during today's all day no power - no water (my barangay) I was wondering if... the retired secret service agents who protected presidents running our country into the poor house still receive their pension if I don't receive my SSA?
    I agree with Manza and am not in a panic, I just don't believe they could risk the civil unrest if checks don't go out and on time.

3. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am with you bro... Up to the parts that include "wife" and "kids". Thats not a good idea.

Hey did you know wife was a 4 letter word??? And k-i-d-s? Yes that 4 as well!

4. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ronbo, this has alot more to do with how the government steals YOUR money than it does about Barry. Barry is a shill, a pasty, a talking head for the powers that grow richer at the expense of taxpayers like me and you.
    Those powers are neither red or blue. They are the rich who get richer as the poor get poorer and the middle class shrinks. These greedy bastards are stuffing their pockets with millions as you mom and aunt get reductions in their payouts.

If they stopped the $120 million bonuses to CEOs who ran their companies so poorly they need a bailout than maybe, just maybe, we wouldnt be in this mess. But the point is that jerkwood did recieve a $120 million bonus with taxpayer bailout money.

5. San Miguel

San Miguel Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    As a part of Obama's emergency stimulis package was payment to Philippine army vetrans who served during WW2. If deceased the family recieved the payment. The amount we paid was 198 million taxpayer dollars. In my opinion paying our seniors and retired military should be a higher priority. Mike

6. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Those Philippine Vets fought along side our guys. The Philippines was still an American possession during WWII. After Mac Arthur left and Wainright surrendered many of those guys continued to fight the Japanese until we returned. That payment was over 50 years late.

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
  8. San Miguel

San Miguel Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Instumental in this deal was a friend of Harry Reid from Las Vegas, a Filipino who was president of the American Asian society. After Obama's election she recieve a nice Diplomat job and it appears Obama got the Asian vote, just coincidence or could it possibly be vote buying? I served in Viet Nam, did not recieve nor did I expect any compensation. In addition if the fight was on home soil and I were protecting my family and homeland I would not expect payment from a foreign country.

9. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    San Miguel thank you for your patriotism, and service.
    I highly doubt a Democrat, Owebama, would think of buying a vote...must be coincidence : )

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.