Dumaguete Info Search

US SSA Problem

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Feb 9, 2011.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I may be the only one lame enough to let this happen so I will share it in case you are in the same position. I didn't receive my SS deposit this month, first time in the year + I have been on the program. I first traced it with my US bank and blamed them. They assured me they never rec'd it, I thought impossible. I finally got a call with the Manila US Embassy SSA Dept. They looked me up and said I did not return their annual survey they sent me last year. I said I never got it! Problem: They had my old Makati address in their system, my fault I never sent in a C.O.A. Dumb me, lots of stress and lack of funds. So you know the moral of the story....

2. leonard

leonard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you have a magicjack, you can call soc.sec. and make inquiries or changes>Using this number you can redirect your auto deposit immediately. 800 772 1213

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Thanks Leonard, what is a magicjack?

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
  5. leonard

leonard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i am unaware of this survey form. Can you tell me more about it?I have been on s.s. for 8 years and never had to use this form

6. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You aren't the only one!!

I think it must be a common problem this month among ex-pats here. I honestly don't think the U.S. SSA sent them here. The U.S. SSA rep didn't seem the least bit concerned, however the rep in Manila was extremely friendly and helpful.

7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    One time last year my SS money didn't arrive. I get that form once or sometimes two times a year. That time I didn't receive it because the post office here didn't deliver it. But all I had to do is call Manila, they faxed me the form, I filled it out and faxed it back. Wala in 3 days money was here. As for Magicjack, I have one and it's very good, for $20 per year. You can call any land line or cell in the U.S. or Canada for unlimited minutes or even hours. Also since my family is from San Diego I registered and received a number from there. Now it's toll free for anyone to call me from S.D or from anywhere there if they have a national toll free program. The problem is U cant's buy one here. Someone has to send or bring one for you. I think they cost around $50 to buy.
    Ron

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Sorry Larry, I didn't see your post that the Magicjack was available at Robinson's. That's good news.
    Ron

9. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Had pension SSA for 5 years and I have never heard of the Form you are talking about and they never missed a payment.

I make all my overseas call USA...for 2 cents per minute using Skype and excellent sound. Used it for 4 years. Even better since I got Sky Cables 3 Mbps last week.

Benjamin

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Part Time Job??

:eek: Benjamin! I reckon you have a part time job, selling 'SKYE CABLE':p

Jack P.:wink: