Dumaguete Info Search

US SSA Problem

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Sorry to disappoint you but you reckon wrong..... just very happy with Sky's service and I have known Annie for a long time and she is extremely helpful when there is a problem..... She is a great assett to Sky here in town.
    Very happy with my uppgrade and I am planning upgrade again to 6 Mbps.
    It is a little expensive but includes the Sky's TV all wired at the cost of
    P3,999. Me doing a lot of research and also gaming it will be well worth it.

Have a Smiley Day Tomorrow!

Benjamin

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi Benjamin, I just got off Magic jack after around 2 hours of calls, crystal clear. I also have Skype, the reason I call my family and friends all over the U.S. on MJ, is because I plug my telephone into it, and that is more comfortable for me.

The SS form is a change of status questioner form. They want to know that I'm still alive and the money is going to me. There have been cases where the recipient dies and the wife keeps taking the money. Or if the recipient has started working and earning a salary that could affect taxes or SS. If you are sent one from the U.S. and you fail to return it they stop payment. But as in my earlier post it's not a big deal. My SS was originally arranged in Manila and my official address is Here. For whatever reason, I get it 1 or 2 times a year.
    Ron

3. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Ron and thanks for the information. I will check in to it to make sure
    that I am not on the list for NO PAY!

Thanks,

Benjamin

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    ???????????????????

:eek: Sense of humour Ben!

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I have a blank copy of the SSA Change of Status Form if anyone needs it. You should submit it if you changed your mailing address or married-divorced, whatever.

6. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The form we didn't receive, but were required to submit before losing benefits was SSA form 7162. Sent it by LBC yesterday to Manila, hopefully benefits will be reinstated soon!! Here is the link to the form if you want to check it out: http://yemen.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/ssa7162.pdf

(Had to put SS# in the blank box under #2.)

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Thanks for sharing Pat. I'm not in "that" age group quite yet, but I forwarded the info on to some friends that are. I'm sure this info will save some headaches.

8. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Update on our SSA ordeal....sent the required form, via LBC, to Manila last Wednesday, they received it Thursday, processed and called on Monday this week to say it had been processed. Today, Wednesday, the money is in the bank!! Kudos to the SSA office in Manila!! The SSA office in the states told us we would have to travel to Cebu or Manila and appeal it..........HA!! Guess we showed them!!

9. leonard

leonard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the average s.s. worker in the states is there because of quota hiring. You get what you pay for

10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    permres, That's good news. I have had many dealings with Manila SSA over the years, and have always been treated very well and a good outcome.
    Ron