Dumaguete Info Search

Use Silliman Hospital at your own risk!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Manzanita, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Welcome!

:eek:We Often say Tom, Welcome to the PI, I think you have it in One! :D

Jack P. :smile:

2. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    FIRST....My condolences to you and your Asawa.....
    SECOND....Medical mistakes and incompetence can be found anywhere.....read somewhere that 50% of the American malpractice suits are for the same short list of doctors... and considering this is a third world country it is not surprising the list is longer here.....

FINALLY.... Instead of complaining about "general incompetence".....maybe it would be better to network and identify the GOOD Doctors..... I have a heart condition.... could easily need a heart surgeon...... it would be a greater comfort to know the GOOD ones and not just the BAD ones

My wife went to a Doctor Tan yesterday..... got the cervical cancer shot..... and several other female services (PAP smear etc).....She was VERY pleased.....

3. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Silliman & Holy Child are the best we have..... are there better ones in Cebu....certainly..... Does Manila offer better services.....of course.....

The "key" is prior planning...... anticipate your problems and plan a treatment modality that gives the best chance of survival

I have known three foreigners who broke bones in motorcycle accidents.....and were "repaired" locally..... only to end up going back to their own country to have it "repaired" again (one of them still looks bad ????).....
    There are good doctors and facilities here.....but you need to search them out and identify them BEFORE you need them..... " P-6 ".....Prior Planning Prevents p*ss Poor Performance

4. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    why of all the word its "condolence"? is she dead? OMG!

5. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I went to SUMC a year ago to a dermatologist because I had a rash from an allergic reaction to an antibiotic. She gave some iffy medicine in unmarked bottles that evidently she was marketing! Something like p900 for not much cream and soap...

Is it true that most births to wives of foreigners are C section because the bill for that procedure is higher?

6. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

“The job of the doctor is to prescribe, not dispense medicine. That’s the work of a pharmacist,” Quidala said. -Rizalina Quidala, a representative of the BFAD. source: safemedicine.org

When I was working with the Pharmaceutical field before, we were told that Dispensing Doctors are not legal to sale medicine. It could lead to charges if discovered.

Speaking with C section...indeed its expensive than normal delivery, if it's not really needed, you dont have to go for c section, but most doctors encourage it, well... it will benefit from them..."the fees" lol!

7. OP
    OP
    Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Put a big unnecessary scar on a young Mother for life and needlessly put her at risk with an invasive surgery just to gain a few extra, quickly spent pesos.
    Isn't that sick?

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    It might be true, but it might also be true that babies fathered by large foreigners give small mothers a LARGE problem with a big baby. :D

9. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Unfortunately, it sounds as if this is a cyst. If the entire cyst, (contents and wall of the cyst) are not completely removed, it can recur. They probably thought they removed the entire thing at the time. Sorry this happened, but it can and DOES happen, even in the best of situations. Hope you get it rectified soon!

10. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Both my girls were c section and both born in the states. I have heard the same rumors.
    I have also heard the mothers and baby sometimes die during birth because of big babies caused by jestational diabetes that goes undiagnosed. So perhaps they make a choice.of c section because if the better chances for survival knowing that the bill will get paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.