Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia waterfall

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Arie, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    visited it this spring and it is really nice

Just some info I could have done with and is not in the Lonely planet:
    A hubble-hubble is an extended motercycle and the road up to the place is extreme bad.

You are better of to take a tour (you need a serious 4x drive to get up), the hubble hubble are also rather expensive and you have to negociate your return.

If you are into extreme sports take the hubble hubble, road is like cross track and you(2) sit on the back without helmet and bunch of bags.

When arriving there is some serious stairs to go down to the waterfalls (500 steps or something). The place is well maintained with tables to eat at and a modern bridge. Plenty of ppl picknicking and swimming, so I think early morning is best to go.

And of course the place is nice and cool and surounded by some real great forest.

Picasa Web Albums - Arjen - Valencia

Does anybody know if you can go to the top of the waterfall and if there are any other interesting sites our routes to take there?

2. lakwatseras!

lakwatseras! DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Be charmed by Dumaguete's falls. The most famous one is the Casaroro Falls - it would entail steeptrails of more or less 350 steps of hiking down to the river....matutunaw naman ang taba mo pabalik hehe! But going to the falls is fun...our feet enjoyed the cool waters, heard its cascading sound and felt the water mists on our faces..I love you nature!

3. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I found it barely worth the trip down the stairs, much less the climb back up.

4. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    One thing I like about Casaroro is the hike getting there and back. But if I'm not in the mood for hiking, I go to the Red River Valley waterfalls in Pulang Bato. Not as scenic, but a great place to swim.

At the same time, I wouldn't cross the street to go to the best beach in the Philippines. Swimming in warm salt water is like swimming in spit. Different strokes for different folks. :-)

5. lakwatseras!

lakwatseras! DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've also visited two falls..."Twin Falls" as referred to by our tour guide...its nice also. The other one has a pool which serves as a basin from the falling waters of the falls but there were too many people dipping so we opted the other falls...the rustic one. But it was fine...I just wondered why we were only the ones swimming in that falls? Ahahaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.