Dumaguete Info Search

VISA - question

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Rhoody, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Neil, I paid Clark - KK 922 PHP, what is a solution, but still a kinda throw away ticket as they issue only tickets for the next 365 days.

I need to go to germany August 2010 ( so about 14 month from now) but cant buy a ticket for that now.

again, the Gov of the PI installs a regulation what just cant be achieved without any "strange" ways. whatever they may involve...

Freddy, I may go diving in Sipadan but my travel time is off-season and the sea can be nasty in december. When they have season, I am too busy here :-(

Sir Davfitz, you replied to my question but you did not give an answer, or better an answer in the way of:

R: what time is it ?
    D: 12 o'clock ... somewhere...

nevermind, I already checked the beerprices in KK. So here an easy formula

budget - (flight + accommodation)
    --------------------------------------- = 4 days in KK
    Xpected cosumption * price per bottle

2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    she was just sh@#$ scarred of the dark rendering around the beermonsters eyes and a scary german and wanted to get rid of us...

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    you two could scare a police horse :p

4. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Rhoody's question raised another question in my opinion, and I really don't know the answer to this.

When a goverment issue a regulation or law, is it their responsibility to offer a solution to this regulations?

The way I see it is that private businesses respond to goverment law by changing their business practice and offering services to accomodate or provide for this new regulations.

My point is, Airlines should look at this new regulation and realize that there is a void in service here that they need to fill. In my mind this creates a new opportunity for them to generate more business. Their lack of response to this regulation is maybe because the market is small and not currently profitable.

I don't think it is the goverment's place to make Airline provide this solution to the public. I don't think it is the practice here in Europe, either. I don't think there is any branch of government anywhere that is responsible for providing solutions to regulations. I could be wrong.

5. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Well I’m just an American

Well I’m just an American. Which everyone knows it the land of laws that seem to be contradictory, so I not surprised that the Philippines has them too. I bet you can find them all over the western world too. Not just in the Philippines.

Although I applaud you Rhoody for wanting to be on the up and up. But you are in the land of corruption after all. :smile: I glad you can keep your moral compass. So I guess it is just another day in the Philippines time for a cold beer.

6. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I assume that Panday Pera is responding to The Dane's comment about check-in at Singapore. The following is written on that basis.

In the first instance, it is the obligation of each passenger to ensure that he / she satisfies all the documentary requirements of each state which they wish to enter. It is the obligation, internationally, of carriers which includes airlines, to ensure that passengers which they embark for transportation possess the documentation necessary for admission to the state to which their ticket has been issued. This usually includes return or onward transportation from that state. The failure of a carrier to fulfill this obligation can result in the penalty of being required to return the offending passenger to the point of boarding at the carrier's expense. The carrier will normally ask the question at check-in in order to avoid this financial penalty.

The enforcement of this requirement on the carriers varies from place to place and from time to time. I am familiar with several cases in which Air France observes this regulation to the letter and has denied passage of some citizens on its flights to Havana.

More to the point and something which sticks in my Canadian craw is the failure of Canada to apply this sanction against carriers hauling unwanted economic migrants into Canada. But that's another story . . . . .

I doubt that there is a huge clamor amongst the economically disadvantaged of the third world to migrate to yet another third world country but that possibility exists. Governments wish to guard against this. They use the carriers to give effect to their policies.

Those visitors to the Philippines who wish to establish permanent residence here but do not wish to seek the visas which regularize this must thus endure the occasional "visa run". We all make choices. Choices have consequences. There is no absolute right to cross an international border. Those who choose to seek this privelege must accept the risks involved.

That's why I'm a 13A visa applicant.

7. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Permanent Residence

You're lucky, I'm always asked if I have a visa every time I'm returning to the Philippines. Then when I show my permanent resident stamp and ACR Card, they don't even know what it is and disappear into some back room or call up to ask an "expert".

I have problem about renewing my ACR card. immigration told me it would have to be renewed next time I report, January 2012. Problem is I'm working on an assignment offshore and will only be back for a couple of weeks when my card expires. Do you or anyone else reading this know how long this takes or whether you can get some permission to leave/return while the card is being renewed?

Second question, anyone know what happens if you have permanent residence through your Filipina wife and you then get separated, divorced or she dies. I've have heard all kinds of different responses on this; 1) that once you pass the probationary period you can't lose your PR, 2) no wife, no visa, 3) if you are PR for 5 years you can apply for Philippine Citizenship, 4) that even vengeful separated/divorced wives have been unable to get their ex kicked out, if the husband has PR. So, I'm confused, what is the actual situation? Anyone have first hand knowledge?

8. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks,little late with this,

I just bought a "throw away" ticket from Manila to Singapore, 699 peso's with taxes 1300 peso's or there abouts. In fact its so cheap if I had used my Aussie credit card the bank charges would have nearly equalled the ticket cost.

For peso /km thats cheaper than a Ceres bus and about the same as a tricycle, I figure.

Is it a pain,yes but at the cost I would do it. You could buy, as mentioned before a Cebu pacific ticket on the internet, massage the dates after 12months and foward it to yourself then printoff. Its a BIG risk if at the check in they check it out. To buy a ticket at the airport to allow you to board your aircraft would be VERY expensive.

9. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    You can buy an "all in throw away" ticket Clark - Kota Kinabalu for 943,2 pesos from Air Asia now.
    (possible on September 27)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.