Dumaguete Info Search

visitor visa ext. up to 24 month?

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by berndtravel, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berndtravel

berndtravel DI Junior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    at Imi-office DMG I have been told, that now visa will be extendet not only to 12, but 24 month.
    anobody knows more or can confirm?
    greetings from Valencia

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yes, staying as tourist up to 24 month is already since late 2008 possible

3. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Regular stay is to a maximum of 16 months but can be extended to 24 at discretion of immigration officer.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Of course you are correct :smile: , but it sounds more dramatic than it is.

After 16 month the application need to faxed to Manila and a week later you get the stamp.

5. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Rhoody, sorry for being dramatic! I dont know if people have been turned down for extension after 16months in Duma but they have in Manila as they should look at finances of applicant and ability to support themselves etc. God knows how many overstayers are here in Dumaguete , I can think of several who never bother renewing visas. They do run the risk of being blacklisted from returning to Phils.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Mate,don't worry you just used the official terms, they always sound dramatic, no matter what language :smile:

I always found the BoI here in Dumaguete very easy to deal with, than again, I make my waivers and extensions in time and the 2 times I was late I paid penalty as I am the only one to blame for being late.

Interesting that some "overstayers" are pretty noisy when it comes to complaining about this country in the public.

Interesting question jumps into my mind, maybe you can answer it as you have more insight.
    What happens if they are caught and totally broke? I doubt that the germany embassy would pay a ticket for them...

7. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I never had any problems with local BOI office either, always an easy process.
    Re: overstayers the BOI will actually wave fines and visa fees if the person is leaving the country but they will be blacklisted from returning to Phils. I was a bit surprised by this but guess that BOI recognise that you cant get blood out of a stone! British embassy , like German embassy and most other countries do not pay to repatriate their citizens. What they do is contact every relative, everyone you ever knew and beg them for money to get you out. If that doesnt work , tough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.