Dumaguete Info Search

Wanted: A Reliable Toilet Seat

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by davfitz, Jan 26, 2009.

1. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    :D :D :D :D :D :p i didn't care to read this thread as i thought..kind of what a heck question :p now as i read it it brought back memories of my trip back home in january. I have a misunderstanding with my boyfriend ,after a few days staying with my parents, he ask me that we will stay in a hotel when we arrive in iloilo. I didn't get him and insist that we stay at my relatives place since we were visiting them. What happened was, when we arrived at the port in iloilo he ask the taxi driver to drive him at amigo terrace hotel. To make the story short , he went to his hotel , and i went to my relatives place. I was mad ,because i feel he disappointment me. Luckily, my father was there, and he advice me to go and stay with my boyfriend and not to worry about them. I thought , no !:mad: i will not swallow my pride :o it was a bottle of SMB that lighten me up and did going and see him at the hotel.
    All the drama, because of that toilet seat.:D he explained to me , that all he wants is having the convenience of the hotel room to have a good "po" and a good warm shower.
    That nigth ended as another best time of our life.

2. dumaguetenia

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    don't forget !

:o one more thing, that my dearest wont go without is the toilet paper. His like, "babe..dont forget the toilet paper ... " :D i find sweet reminder after i myself had that experience of out of stock toilet place.

3. TheSwede

TheSwede DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to agree that this was really a great post! So funny! I also agree that it is this that makes countries like the Philippines so funny to live in!.....or not funny?:smile:

4. OP
    OP
    davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    My thanks to all who have replied, especially to Dumaguetenia. You understand the dilemma in which I find myself. I can and slowly I am adjusting to almost anything. I love the Philippines and life in Dumaguete. My wife and family know and understand that.

I guess that it's a "foreigner" thing: toilet seats and, yes, toilet paper (two ply minimum, please).

We are off today (by air?) to the fleshpots of Cebu. More on the flight (if applicable) and some photos of the wondrous new ablutionary appliance on Friday, when (if?) we return.

As they say in the soaps . . . . . . to be continued.

5. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Yes, it's no joke that most men do take their "poo" environment very seriously:D

6. dumaguetenia

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    davfits....i think you open the nightmare most of you foreigner having upon arriving in your wife/fiancee hometown. You see.. most us filipinos have our toilet outside the house while here abroad is next to our bedroom.
    The first time i arrive at my employer home here in canada, i was blowed away, that my toillet was so big and beautiful :o that i could even sleep in there :D and most of the time sitting comfortably and read my magazine or book. I like the one Rhoody's had :D
    Toilet is a tiny shameful reality we have in our country, but , hey ! we were improving thats not the end of the world and you never know maybe out of your dilemma someone will thinking of making a business of that most needed toilet seat. :D more power

7. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hahahahaha!!! :smile:

Rick was in the Philippines a little less than two years ago, and he purchased a toilet seat for the couple that ran a hostel where he stayed. He was in Catbalogan at the time, and he purchased a toilet seat at the local hardware store. He says they had had all kinds of bathroom fixtures... I'm surprised that you are having a difficult time finding one (unless I'm not reading your post correctly)??

8. sprink131371

sprink131371 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had already planned on packing a lifetime supply of Charmin. Now I am searching for a good toilet seat. Do you think Customs will give me a hard time when they find it in my carry on?

9. dumaguetenia

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    give away

sprink131371, hi.. welcome ! tell the guys in the custom that the DI members needed it :D

seriously, i don't think so that you will have a problem as long as it's in a minimum quantity. You can bring extra for davfitz :wink:

10. OP
    OP
    davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    A Reliable Toilet Seat

I've had my morning's coffee so my sense of humour is at its daily best. I can just see the scene at the customs booth now:

"Anything to declare, sir/madam?".

"Only a few toilet seats for DI members."

"Well, that's above the allowable quantity permitted by Philippine law, sir/madam."

So what would be a reasonable quantity to suggest that customs admit? Clearly the use of a carry-on allowance would both limit that quantity (by either weight or dimension) or attract undue attention to the smuggler, er, traveller.

Thanks for reminding me. I've found a uniquely Filipino solution and it is working wonderfully. I had one made! Photos to follow (they are on the other computer).