Dumaguete Info Search

Wanted: A Reliable Toilet Seat

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by davfitz, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you can hang up to 5 around your neck and ask the customs if they don't watch MTV?
    that's the latest pimp-fashion

2. sprink131371

sprink131371 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But then they need to be gold right? And I have never seen one with a Mercedes emblem. I think you may have given me a 1,000,000 peso idea!

3. sprink131371

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dumaguetenia, thank you, it's nice to be here and am looking forward to the move. davfitz, I am on my 6th beer and my humor is pretty high too. It's 1100 hrs here in Georgia.

4. dralionblade

dralionblade DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I swear, i was laughing my @ss off when the first sentence you say on your post is about Halo Halo.

Thanks for making my day :D

5. sprink131371

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great news. The new toilet with attached seat was just installed in our cottage. I can't wait to get there and utilize it.

Attached Files:

6. wizemen2

wizemen2 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hand free wipe and dry!!

Mate, Ladies too, if you want to pamper your butt, or ladies parts, check out the electronic Bidet toilet seat.
    I got one on Ebay a few months back, and the best part,you dont need Dunny paper and its all hands free!!.
    It washes you, and blows you dry, all no hands.
    Only connection is a regular power point to plug it in,and you tap into your mains water in the dunny room with the T piece connector it comes with.
    I could have used one of these in India,where Dunny paper is as scarce as Hens Teeth :-((

Dont know if they ship to Duma,but this is one of the Ebay Links.

Electronic Toilet Bathroom Seat Water Bidet Full Functi - eBay Bidets, Toilet, Bathroom, Home. (end time 26-Apr-09 10:20:46 AEST)
    Or if that fails, search,"electronic bidet"
    I might move over to Duma one day,it looks like a cool place to settle.
    Ill bring my seat!
    Dennis The menace.

7. OP
    OP
    davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    A recent posting on a related thread reminded me to revisit this item.

We recently expanded our empire and rented the adjacent town-house as well as our present holding. We are now deeply involved in painting, fixing-up etc. One needed item was yet another toilet seat for the additional CR. I dreaded the prospect of purchase and was prepared to have another constructed ab initio.

#3 daughter, a young woman of resource, saved the day and from an unlikely source as well. She acquired a "Worthit" brand toilet seat assembly from Lee SuperPlaza for PP249.00

Ever skeptical I opened the package with a mixture of curiousity and trepidation. I noted that the purveyor is Woolworth from the UK. Naturally the item is made in and imported from China. BUT of the three things which usually fail, lid hinge, the assembly which holds the whole thing together and the bolts which attach the seat assembly to the porcelain - ALL appear servicable. It has only been a few days since the item has been put into use but it did not immediately fall apart, like many others.

Praise God!

8. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    thanks for the fun thread

and happy sh*****g

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    davfity, you mean to say "Worthit is worth the shi@".... what a great sales slogan...

let us know about the long-term study, are there different colors available ??/

10. OP
    OP
    davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    The toilet seat revisited. This critical appliance, previously a subject of derision, has now become a source of pride for myself and my family, of the resourcefulness of Filipinos.

The locally manufactured appliance actually failed whilst in use. One day, while visiting the confessional, the weight of my longnose butt caused one of the plastic supports, salvaged from a previous seat and introduced into Benji's wondrous creation exploded and the seat settled somewhat. Following absolution of my sins, I investigated further and discovered that the remnant had been cleansed away during my act of contrition.

Recently, I noticed a small pile of good plywood scrap beginning to accumulate from the work being performed by our structural saviour. Benji is now being employed by Annabelle in designing and fabricating items supporting her orchid jungle. (A further post will follow in due course on a new thread).

At my request, some of the scrap has been transformed into a repair support and installed. It works! It works! It works perfectly!! Prayer is answered, A photo of the repair is attached.

Hallelujah!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1