Dumaguete Info Search

Waterfalls near Pulantubig

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by barkada, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akim_micah

akim_micah DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hehehe..yea thats pulangbato falls... .but casaroro is more adventurous than pulangbato..hahah!

2. SU6750

SU6750 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pulangbato falls.

The road that goes to palinpinon, valencia will take u there. Going to PNOC. They charge, for i think 20pesos/person entrance fee for upkeep of the area...

enjoy and have fun!!!

3. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Pulangbato Hot Spring Pool

On the road to Pulangbato Falls, after turning right off the PNOC Road, you will go over a small bridge (actually, the first of two bridges or spillways) on the way to the falls. On the way up the following hill, you can notice a kind of home-made stone-walled swimming pool with a very small sign "Red Rock Hot Spring". The Nipa home and pool are surrounded by a bamboo fence and there is a small picnic area inside. The pool is actually fed by hot spring water and they charge only 10 Pesos per person entrance fee. The water is just a perfect temperature to be relaxing and there is hardly ever anybody in the pool! The depth varies from about 18 inches to about 5 feet. Every time we have been there, we have had it all to ourselves.

Some people believe that these volcanic mineral springs may contain heavy metals. I don't know and I am sure the water has never been tested for cadmium, mercury or anything else, but the water has been crystal clear on all of my visits. So, if you do decide to go, it is obviously at your risk. The only other things I could say on the "down" side are that they sometimes empty the pool after a heavy rain (due to sediment flowing down the mountainside with the rain water), and that the water does have an "iron" odour, thus the red (rust colored) rocks in the area.

By the way, the entrance fee to Pulangbato Falls was only 10 pesos when I was there last week, not twenty as stated above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.