Dumaguete Info Search

Website of Gentle People...

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by The Dane, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueskyblue

blueskyblue One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum. It's great to be here and learn from you. :smile:

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    hello blue, welcome to the forum :smile: where are you from ?

3. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Welcome here welcome

blueskyblue

Welcome aboard hope you enjoy out little piece of paradise. :cool:

4. ZIPLINK

ZIPLINK DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello once again to all!

@Paul - are you and Janet the ones staying in Valencia? If you are then most likely I know you guys :smile: I believe you have a blue toyota land cruiser. Anyways, hope to see you at the private garden meeting come June 14th.

5. SophieParisDgte

SophieParisDgte DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All, Im a new member in Dumaguete City Forum.. My Wife is from Negros Orriental in Bais City , we usually hang out in dgte..

6. buktoy

buktoy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all, I am new here. I'm from dgte. too. I'ts nice to know this site. I love reading what other people think of OUR CITY OF GENTLE PEOPLE. I spend a lot of time to read all the comments here. I live in South Korea but we will be home soon... HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    welcome buktoy.

also a nice day from Dumaguete to Korea. Great to have you on board

cheers

Rhoody

8. buktoy

buktoy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Rhoody! We "buktoy" are a Yankee who is a Professor of Tourism in a big Korean university, and his Lovely Lady from the south coast of Negros. We've always enjoyed our trips to "the Gentle D", walking along the waterfront promenade on cool evenings, eating Jo's chicken Inato, sleeping in the Bethel, having pizza & cold SanMig at the Why Not, checking email at Scoobys. And better experiences. Our catholic wedding was in the big old Cathedral, an amazing wonderful gig. We love snorkeling off Apo Island and hiking to Casaroro Waterfall and swimming there... Visiting friends up in Valencia or out in the brgys... Visiting the magical Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine in Bontod Bacong!! Looking forward to spending more time down there as the econ-crisis eases -- and getting to know some of you others who Dig the Duma!

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Welcome Buktoy. Are your classes taught in English? Me and asasw ko were also married in Dumaguete, at the Bishops Palace church. Obviously a really unique and rewarding experience for those willing to jump through all the hoops. Eat some Bulgogi for me, haven't had any for years.

10. buktoy

buktoy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok will do -- any excuse to eat bulgogi is welcome! :-) Yes i teach all-in-English, and have many international exchange-kids from all over in my classes. Cultural Geography, Cultural History and Cultural Tourism courses... for a College of Tourism within the Univ. Good gig, but i can't stay forever...

BTW, i'm originally from Detroit, which as everyone knows is a fine place to be from but for a long while not a fine place to be in. So i've been a wanderer since 18. First visited the Philippines in 1981, the old Marcos days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.