Dumaguete Info Search

Website of Gentle People...

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by The Dane, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Welcome!

:smile:Hi Shalanni, Jack P. here saying Hello and welcome, maybe you would like to tell us from where you are from? Are you M/F?, all helps us to reply and ask without any problems. For me I am British(English) Male, married to a wonderful pinay lady. :D see, now you know me already,:smile: hope you will spend time trawling DI and have an enjoyable time here. Always here to help and offer/recieve advice and have some banter and humour!:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

2. Burki

Burki DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, i am Burki, a German and living and working in Switzerland. I have a appartment in Dumaguete and want living there, when i get my pension. I am caming sometimes there and enjoy my life with my Girlfriend.

Greetings Burki

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Welcome!

:smile:Hi Burki, Welcome to DI, hope you have a good trawl around and get to know the site. I am sure that you will heads up with Rhoody at some stage, he, Being German, will no doubt point you in the right directions, the rest of us here can and will help/Advise where we can, Sounds like you are 1/2 way there as you have accomodation already, seems the right way to do things, You don't say how long it is to your pension, me! I am 2+ years away, I heve never wished my life away before but just can't wait.:p

Jack P.:smile:

4. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    Hello everyone, it's nice to be among such quality company, the lovers of Dumaguete and all-associated. My darlin', native of Omanod, Sta Cantalina but high-school in the Dum, has been on this forum for a coupla years as "buktoy" (tho i think she hasn't posted much).

Anyway, i'm German too, but only genetically -- both sides of the family migrated to the American midwest 120 years ago. A typical Yankee from Michigan, boy-scout-turned-philosophy-major, i've actually been living half my life now in South Korea, spending my time in its mountains and studying its traditional culture, being particularly fascinated by the intersection of the two.

Now camped-out at a major university in NE Seoul, preaching Cultural Tourism to a wide variety of international students, latest of many gigs. Trying to get Korean kids knowledgable about and interested in Korean culture and sites, enough that they can show and market it to foreigners -- now there's a challenge!

Married 10 years, no kids yet. Latest happening is that the national government of SK just appointed me as one of their P-R Ambassadors, in this case for the mountains -- we'll see where that goes...

More than is ever worth knowing about me is posted on this page of my site.

The Philippines has long been my winter-vacation preferred-habit -- korea's siberian cold sucks, as you can imagine. We are now building a house in the Dum, not far from Robinson's Mall, for vacations, building a business-base and eventual semi-retirement -- photos of the project can be seen there on my main site.

Looking forward to joining in some good discussions with all of you!

5. Jo ann

Jo ann One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am new here. It's my pleasure to be part of this sites

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    mmmmmm ????????????????

:confused: Hi! I am Jack! (Does this say anything to you.?)

WHO?
    Where?
    Male?
    Female?
    Pinoy/Pinay?
    Foreign? ( If so Where )

Jo Ann get my Drift, a little more goes a long way! :D

Welcome, please excuse my sarcasm!:D

Jack P.. :o

7. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    I'm back in Seoul now, but missing Dumaguete... 2C outside today. Anyway, the steel roof is fully on our house now, that's a milestone, a reason to smile...

8. superlove

superlove DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I'm Shiela May. new member and it's nice to be here. :smile:

9. rodliecastillo

rodliecastillo One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, napansin ko lang po na may problema ata sa kalinisan ang isang ilog dito malapit sa amin. Sana malinis ito dahil napakaganda ng ilod na ito tnx :smile:

10. boomerang

boomerang DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 1

?????? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.