Dumaguete Info Search

Website of Gentle People...

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by The Dane, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello all and welcome,
    I am only rarely here, mostly before we visit the PI again. Each time I come back I need to read so much here on the board that my hubby almost gets angry with me.

Maryfee

2. ZIPLINK

ZIPLINK DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm new here!

Thanks so much to Rudy and his splendid staff for pointing me to this wonderful site about my homeland.

I can't wait to be a part of this wonderful community!

Greetings to all! :smile:

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi Zip,

welcome to DI, thanks for jining, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here like I do...

Rhoody

4. don12335

don12335 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    new to here

just registered but will take me time to learn how to use this site. I wish every one well.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    HI Don,
    welcome to DI, have fun exploring the website and enjoy.

have a great day

Rhoody

6. PAULTAYLOR1963

PAULTAYLOR1963 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello, I'm Paul from London and I've just found your site so thanks to everybody who has got off their asses (and then sat back on their asses !) to get involved in what looks like a great source of information about your town.
    I've been married to Janet, a Tagalog from Quezon City, for nearly 10 years and we are a bit fed up with living near Manila, first in Angeles and now Olongapo, and so last January came to visit Dumaguete for a few days as we are looking for somewhere to re-locate to and heard that Duma is a friendly, and picturesque place. I liked the feel of it there, especially the fact that it's a student town with, presumably, lots going on for kids as we have a good handful of our own.
    Obviously, we didn't get to see too much in our couple of days there and are planning to take a closer look when I come back to the PI around Christmas. It would be very helpful to us and save us some time if any of you could recommend things like schools, and nice areas to rent in, fairly close to, but not right in the middle of, the town centre. Also, we were taken to a beach near the airport but it wasn't too nice there and so if you could let me know where the nearest nice beach to town is that'd be helpful. I'm hoping to move to Duma when the current schoolyear finishes in March and any help and information that you could give would be most appreciated.
    Hope to hear from you soon

7. PAULTAYLOR1963

PAULTAYLOR1963 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    help with some info please

hello, I'm Paul from London and I've just found your site so thanks to everybody who has got off their asses (and then sat back on their asses !) to get involved in what looks like a great source of information about your town.
    I've been married to Janet, a Tagalog from Quezon City, for nearly 10 years and we are a bit fed up with living near Manila, first in Angeles and now Olongapo, and so last January came to visit Dumaguete for a few days as we are looking for somewhere to re-locate to and heard that Duma is a friendly, and picturesque place. I liked the feel of it there, especially the fact that it's a student town with, presumably, lots going on for kids as we have a good handful of our own.
    Obviously, we didn't get to see too much in our couple of days there and are planning to take a closer look when I come back to the PI around Christmas. It would be very helpful to us and save us some time if any of you could recommend things like schools, and nice areas to rent in, fairly close to, but not right in the middle of, the town centre. Also, we were taken to a beach near the airport but it wasn't too nice there and so if you could let me know where the nearest nice beach to town is that'd be helpful. I'm hoping to move to Duma when the current schoolyear finishes in March and any help and information that you could give would be most appreciated.
    Hope to hear from you soon

8. tapchanger

tapchanger DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all Im Lawrence of bacolod city, just searching for my next vacation in dumaguete and I search for antulang beach and came across to this nice site.. I read the forum and its very informative to me.. I love negros oriental I always bring my family to amlan resorts and bais for a quick vacation.. I love driving so its a very rewarding after a 6-7 hours drive from bacolod city and relax to the breath taking views of the resorts down south of negros.

9. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0

First of all, welcome Paul.
    Glad you did enjoy it here in our town (I say "our town" although I live 24 km from that nice town :smile: ).
    To answer your questions isn't easy. There are so many schools here.
    You can read a lot on this forum: 4 universities, x....colleges etc..
    No worry about schooling.
    For housing i'ts much much better to look around yourself whene you're here.
    Take a week or so a nice resort near to town (e.g. Sta Monica, but there are so many others) and look around on a rented motorbike.
    Soon you will have found a house to rent for a longer while or even for long.

10. bing

bing One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello every one! im new new on this forum i'm from negros too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.