Dumaguete Info Search

Whale and Dolphin Watching Trip to Bais

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Gotz, with what you just posted, I think it's worth your trip.

2. rizabeyb

rizabeyb DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi, we'll be travelling to dumaguete in 2 weeks. is june a good season for whale watching?

i read earlier posts here that boats charge around 3500 and accommodate 30 pax. is the system the same? or are there smaller (cheaper) boats for smaller groups now?

3. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi.In my earlier post, I mentioned 3,500 pesos for the boat and cottage fee but only at the Sandbar. They will charge an additional fee if you want to go whale watching. The price was 2 yrs. ago. I don't know their rate right now.

You can call this no# for more details and updates. (035) 404-1136. You'll be calling the administrators of the Sandbar site, which is under The municipality of Manjuyod.
    Have a nice trip and vacation.

4. rizabeyb

rizabeyb DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks gotz

5. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello Folks.

The advertising says Whale and Dolphin watching. What kind of whales is usual to spot? Cause I have dived with Orcas and dolphins here in Norway.And seen also some other types.

6. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I wonder if anyone has observed whales on these tours. Scientific reports before showed the presence of whales in Tanon Strait but are they still around?

7. tapchanger

tapchanger DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just want to share my experience our whale watching in bais. Tanks to the nice British family by sharing with us their boat ride. Im planning to have overnight stay on one of the nipa hut one of this days.

I just dont know how to arrange this. Like foods is it a package deal or bring your own? is there any boat readily available in emergency at night.... idea?

Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    tapchanger

Just want to share my experience our whale watching in bais. Tanks to the nice British family by sharing with us their boat ride. Im planning to have overnight stay on one of the nipa hut one of this days.

I just dont know how to arrange this. Like foods is it a package deal or bring your own? is there any boat readily available in emergency at night.... idea?

Thanks

Hi TC. Food is not included in the package. You can either bring or cook your own food there.( be sure to bring fire woods). Last july 5 we had an overnight stay there. Unfortunately there boat is under repair. We hired another private boat. The cottage suppose to cost 3,000 for overnight but since the boat is not available they charge 2,500. Overnight starts at 8 am to 8am the next day. Since we went there at 5 pm we have to still leave at 8 am the next day. Thus we paid another 2,500 for the extra time. The private boat fee is 1,500 round trip and charges 200.00 per extra trip. The boat will be anchored right there near your cottage overnight. Hope this info helps.

9. tapchanger

tapchanger DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks gotz now I got the idea, but how about at night is there available lightings? of course not electric.. just a thought how is the waste (sewage) being managed on that nipa hut?

10. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes they have solar powered lights there just enough to light the place. Bring thick blankets or jackets too. It could be windy out there at night sometimes. For us we brought LPG torch (Gasul Petromax) for extra lightings and night swimming. Human waste goes to their septic tank at the back of the hut( no leaks). They provide 6 water containers for bath and washing but not drinkable.
    Hope you'll have so much fun out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.