Dumaguete Info Search

What do you miss most about the US/Europe/Australia?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by word_nerd, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :smile: M. It takes two to tango remember! The Majority of relationships don't up like this. The Minority ones are always remembered. :smile:

Jack P.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Excuse Me!

:confused: Thelemaway, It was a comment you made on THIS thread that Started this, No, I think this belongs here.:( It has everything to do with you my friend.

Jack P.:smile:

3. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Attitude!

:smile: Thelemaway, With this sort of attitude I am really not sure you will find anywhere, where you can stay for too long, As you say "I Never stay anywhere more than a few months!" I wonder Why? :rolleyes:

Jack P.:smile:

4. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    If we have changed your mind about visiting us, good. Your additional comments show you to be a particularly obnoxious person. Seems we had you pegged right from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well Said!

:D What can I say BUT Well said!:wink:

Jack P. :smile:

6. BarrioRunner

BarrioRunner DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, it seems I will get this topic back on track. A few things I would miss once I make the move to PI are:

Sports such as hockey, football.

My grandchildren.

Certain foods.

But in the end I can always make a trip home when the need is there.

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    BarrioRunner, thank you for getting the thread topic off of Thelma and back on track. What I most miss, and I'm sure I will get some boos, is Starbucks. Whether it was San Diego, London, Singapore, or Makati, I always had a Starbucks. Bo's at Robinsons is an adequate substitute, thank God. I really miss California wines but have adapted to the wines sold at Why Not and Casablanca. So adaptation, for me, is key for enjoying life here and not whining about the old life.

8. BarrioRunner

BarrioRunner DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PatO

Not a problem. Seems that there are those that like to be key board warriors as I call them. Thelma seems to be asking a lot and makes me wonder if he is a troll.

What the future holds for me and the Philippines is on hold for a while. Not sure what the plan is now going to be. It is sad that over time how people change for the worse.

9. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A few of the things I enjoy about being an expat in Dumaguete

2. What do you enjoy the most about being an expat in Dumaguete?

I enjoy not being subject to US/Europe/Australia government bullies. Yes there are problems here. But as an expat in Dumaguete I find that life with officials is not so bothersome. And the troubles and prices of corruption are fewer and lower.

I enjoy having the promenade (must ignore tricycle noise) only a few kilometers distant from mountain streams (must ignore max-volume karaoke)

I enjoy having nearly everything I want to buy available a few minutes from home. And having many of the other things available about 3/4 of a days travel away.

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Same Questions?

Joec, we had the same questions asked in a thread about a month ago. Why don't you start by telling us a little more about your self and why you are asking? Are you trolling? Why did you throw out the questions on Terrorism on the Ruanard thread? You come to our forum with little substance.