Dumaguete Info Search

What to do for Heath insurance and Pharmacys

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Tom2bad68, Nov 22, 2009.

1. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    25000 P sounds like a good deal compared to the $25,000 us my insurance paid for the birth of our last child here in the states. It would have forces us into Bankruptcy.

I suppose at the PH pay scale the P25,000 seems about the same to the average Filipino.

I hope I can do well in the PSE when we get there :p

2. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    It sounds Good huh?

I got the bill the same day I came. They didn't even wait to see if my daughter was stable before giving me a bill of 25,000. Really how can they know the cost before they have really done anything? The Philippines does have it draw of the simple life which we all want but it is not always as simple as it looks..

3. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes it seems like they seem to have some sort of a fixed fee in mind for things when they start. They did a similar thing to My wife's auntie before they diagnosed her problem.

Which Hospital was your daughter born in?

4. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Yes, we looked into this too. Blue Cross looks somewhat attractive - until I crunched some numbers and figured it would be better to keep 2 mil pesos on standby and forget their offers. Still not sure how we'd go - have a couple more years to think about it - but at present I'm inclined to self-insure if we move there. That said - we may not even bother moving there...well past the baby stage - but to have one here in Australia the only thing you have to pay for in a public hospital is the TV in your room. Medical down here is excellent and free - or low-cost....If you are in a hurry for some procedures private options are available at a price...we do have cheap private insurance just in case...My wife would rather stay here and holiday in the Philippines...although I'm 50/50 at the moment....