Dumaguete Info Search

What's the current fiancee visa requirements?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by SurfinUSA, May 20, 2007.

1. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Does US INS accept copies of emails between the future husband and wife? Yes, no, sometimes...(!)

I'm guessing the groom actually has to have been in PI. Any minimum length of stay or numbers of trips INS likes to see?

Stuff like that..

2. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    to SurfinUSA

Yes, Surfin, USCIS accepts copies of emails between the future husband and wife. However, if you have sent cards and letters through the mail in the past, that would be much more helpful.

Yes, the groom has to actually visit the PI. There's no requirement as to how many days you actually stayed. It is advisable to take plenty of pictures, not only with her but with her family and friends. This will be another proof of your relationship. If you want to find out more, just check the website out. It is pretty informative. USCIS Home Page. Go to immigration forms and click on form I-129F.

3. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good morning...

I filed the petition for a fiancee visa in January and received word that it had been approved a few weeks ago. I did end up using a lawyer for the process, but I can tell you that we probably submitted 6 photos, along with a similar number of e-mails. We had exchanged cards and letters, but I don't believe any of those were sent. I have a blog that I had put together detailing my trip to the Philippines and we submitted printed copies of that as well (like a few dozen pages worth, which was a majority of the petition). The entire petition itself is probably between 1/2" and 3/4" thick, but I've heard some can be up to 1-1/2" or much more.

Obviously, it's generally better to err on the side of too much information, but that may also slow down the processing time. I really don't know. At the very least, type everything if possible.

By the way, you have to file within two years of your last visit to the Philippines, which probably isn't a problem for most people.

Good luck!