Dumaguete Info Search

Whats the expected hotel rate for 1 - 2 months

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Kwalakessi, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwalakessi

Kwalakessi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a question as to what is the general rate to stay in a hotel or resort for 1 - 2 months. I may be finishing my contract in 6 months and would like to take a month or 3 out of my life to just mellow out.

Sleep in, go swimming, a little diving once or twice a week, that kind of thing. Though not being of the rich nature, I am not looking at high costs, but would like to know the general cost of doing it in the dumagette area, so I can budget or search for a better area.

2. OP
    OP
    Kwalakessi

Kwalakessi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, a few peole have looked at it, but no reply's. I will try and be a little more specific. Could I rent a room or bungelow for $500?

I have done that in cebu before or at leats it was approximately that, but was thinking of Dumagette this time because I have heard Moalboal maybe changing from a laid back dive site to a more upmarket tourist area.

I would prefer a quiet country area where I could be close enough to a bar or pool table but without the resort or township atmosphere.

Does anyone know of a place like that in Negros?

3. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Sipalay might work for you...do a Google...nice pretty place and very quiet. Town is a five to fifteen minute drive from resorts...Artistic Diving...Easy Diving resorts and a few others there too. You could likely work out a long-term rate...especially six months from now when things go a bit quiet...

We'll likely go there ourselves again next trip...

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

It's beautiful out there.Sipalay is for people who likes space , nature , beach walks ,it has few sections of sugar sandy beaches that each stretches miles ,empty coves ,some hikes on its hillsides , rice fields ,gorgeous out there.But for people who love raving parties / disco til the morning , it's NOT the place.Children would love there though , it's all sandy and nice for making sand castles . It has potential to become another big destination perhaps,who knows .It's nice if it remains longer as it is now , a quiet beach hideaway.But if koreans and more influx of tourists starts invading it will eventually become one. I heard there's a plan putting an airport in the area .Takes about 4 hours drive to Sipalay from Dumaguete ,but could possibly reduce it down to 3 hours had it not been of Hinoba-an's dirt tracks for it's main road that stretches to like 30km all the way for the whole town.It is a forgotten /foresaken place, untouch by any development .Seems its road has never kiss an asphalt or cement in it's life ,that's Hinoba-an for anyone heading for Sipalay form Dmgte.

5. OP
    OP
    Kwalakessi

Kwalakessi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for that information. Sounds exactly what I am looking for. I will google it and try to get a plan in the works.

6. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sipalay is great , specialy Easy diving, you wont regret when you stay over there.

Greetings.J.Diver

7. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Thanks for expanding on Sipalay, Pickled Newt....I didn't want to wax lyrical about it on a forum dedicated to Dumaguete....but I'm glad you did. One point, the good news is the road from Bacolod is just fine...two or three hours max...the bad news - being a good road...people (particularly trucks and buses) are driving way too fast and dangerously...A few Hail Mary's before the trip might be invaluable...

But once you get there, hopefully alive.........Paradise on Earth....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.