Dumaguete Info Search

what's this travel guide stuff?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by RHB, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Maybe "phony" was too strong and negative. lets say, that from under my rock, forums I have joined have been participant driven, not administrator driven, that's what is "unique" here. There is no doubt the info is positive and useful, I agreed on that.

I have seen some of those truely phony forum starters, that's a differnt animal.
    Carry on...
    Enjoy the SML,
    RHB drinking SMP, but not at the moment lest someone notices the hour.

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I don't see any problem pose with the travel guide in relation to this forum, I see it as integral part and as features of the whole , that gives infos on places, most information are straight forward ,something to glean on ,infact the more input the better.Forumers can't always promise to hand over concise travel information ,will be a plus if there are contributions. We are here to look for information ,contribute ideas and discuss some issues. For us who are displaced thousands of miles away from dgte ,this forum serves as kind of virtual comfort ,missing our ‘dumaguete’ by the sea. Most of us from dumaguete or this province are thankful of the creation of this site which has done much to promote this city and province as a destination ,not anymore like before as 'unknown' place in the middle of nowhere .

In this day and age we can minimize hassles ,saving our precious time making special trips to a travel agent for infos.Travel agents don’t have all the nitty gritty bits of informations. All they wanted is for people to get their travel bookings with them ,infact some can even be misleading and baised.

Nowadays it's all possible to do travel arrangements in the comfort of our own homes and this is one of the best that happened of our times (booking /paying airtravel on the net,travel infos thru the net including looking into forums, ordering guide books on the net...all net).We don't waste time visiting in every trip a travel agent for information , seems most are covered in the book and web research we gathered and we are satisfied of making our travels this way.

3. boyette

boyette DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

4. ana_PH

ana_PH DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Am new here...I think you're doing something real profound.... i love reading the travel guide,btw. more power! :wink: :cool: :smile: :D

5. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm pretty sure there is room for both on here. Don't you think? It isn't like it dominates the forum and if your like me, your not afraid to learn a bit more. Maybe you could also try to contribute to the forum also, you know, like start a subject or join in more often? I'm sure there is plenty of room for diverse opinions too.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.