Dumaguete Info Search

What's up with Sta Monica Beach resort?

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Bandit, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Their webpage has only 1 photo of a room, no rates, and an email address that fails (mozcom). So I CALL them, and the guy says try the same addy but with Yahoo...all variations fail.

Business must be great eh?

2. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    they have a phone number on there page phone them??!!
    they also have a link to check prices via expedia etc. but i'm sure i got it cheaper by just turning up at reception

3. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Already phoned them remember? Every other resort in the world endeavors to show their rooms and usually rates. Guess I missed the link to go elsewhere and check their rates...

Nuts

4. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The post is really only a comment about their website that's lacking info IMHO. The per pax price info sheet for parties there had another email address on it. We saw you going into Natasha gate on our way there about 10:30am Coyotes..but we were in a trike.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Sorry, I don't get at all what that has to do with DI ,if the Sta-Monica is crap.

I could hire 3 secretary's 24/7 just to make comments crappy websites w/out info only in Duma and Negros.

"Not mentioning" the prices is actually pretty common for several reasons. Those include different price-structures for different countries, different contracts with different travel-agents.
    Different packages.
    Many different seasons.
    Long term - short term stay.
    I had a room in October in Boracay for 950 Peso, which goes over the table coming weekend for 5.400 Peso.

So the price on the own page must be much higher than the lowest price anywhere else published, unless you want endless complainers falling in line at the frontdesk what is the next complain than that the system is not good.

... and you can be sure that one guest will come with a printout of the prices from 2001 and won't understand that things may cost more now.

That is one of the reasons you wont find a room-price on the Atlantispage.

As you are in Dumaguete anyway you just drop by there and make pictures of the rooms. than you can post them here to share information.

6. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It probably has no one to take care of its site. My guess is, they probably asked someone to put up a website for them and never bothered to check how complete or informative it is.

7. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're becoming quite the little megalomaniac aren't you? Forums exist because of its' members. If you're going to micromanage posts then you'll find yourself alone here someday.

My post is info and it's pertaining to the Dgte area. As far you hiring secretaries, we could just meet somewhere in town and eliminate the need to listen to your bellyaching altogether.

One Canadian recently had nothing good to say about your forum because of your meddling when I suggested asking about a topic here. I thought he was overreacting but after recently seeing you wade in criticizing what you feel are useless posts, maybe he was right?

Of the people, for the people, and by the people.

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Sorry that I miss the information in your post, even after reading several times. That is exactly the reason why I asked you to make pictures and share them as information for the members. That would be an awesome move...

... like you said the forum is about information, so why don't you start after your long time here to share some...

I really wonder sometimes that especially many Duma expats have nothing else to do than complaining and complaining instead of sharing information.

and sorry that I do have a "not that positive" opinion about that or posts like "mail me I can help you"

looking at our stats I doubt that we will sit here alone, we just broke our visitor records 4 days in a row with the latest of 2358 unique visitors in a day, what is very high for a tiny town like Dumaguete, so something must be right... :wink:

so just for you I will start a new thread how your post could look with complains AND information...

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/showthread.php?p=34301#post34301

and it is not meant as an insult, take it as a friendly suggestion...

cheers

Rhoody

9. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    hi... bandit and rhoody thanks to this topic... as I know and one of my freind the owner of Santa Monica,, its give me idea to call Him to talk business... :smile:and to take more pictures of his hotel rooms... :wink: i hope that its would be possible this coming week end., after this holy week... and for sure he have been read this tread and the messages about his hotel hehehehe....:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.