Dumaguete Info Search

Where have the badjows (beggers) gone?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by booann, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    booann

booann DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With the beggars badjows, I noticed in one day they all were gone. I think the govt. must have done it, good for them.

2. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    She probably makes more money than a maid, if she collects at least 100 pesos a day, that's at 3,000 pesos a month just for hanging around Lee Plaza with her raggedy clothes. I bet if a real pretty looking gal, instead of working as a maid wear some rag clothes and begs around Lee Plaza, she could probably make at least 300 a day or 9,000 pesos a month:D

That reminds me, when I was in Japan, we have a japanese worker in our supply warehouse, he comes in to work wearing a nice suit and tie, changes clothes to a working uniform at work, at the end of the day, he showers and put on his nice suit and tie going back home, his family and nieghbors probably thinks he works as an executive or something, he commutes on a train.

3. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Right, once and for all, the term Brownout is used to signify a disruption in the power supply occurring during day time. Blackout is used when the disruption occurs at night time.
    If and when you get home, hot and stickey, no water for your shower as the pump is out of action, the coke in the fridge is warm and the aircon is not running, then it's called Passout....d*mn :D

4. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks UJ for your brown/black explanation. Very humourous, if not technically correct. A new high for Philippine English.

5. Niña

Niña DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a badjao experience last 2004 when they are almost anywhere. We have a store in specialty mart besides the BPI perdices st.(now the new jolibee). And these badjao's are always begging there. Then there was an old lady badjao who beg to us, and when we didnt give her, she's so mad and she almost broke our glass shelves.

I'm so happy to hear that badjao's are not around anymore, aside from being so annoying they can also create a really bad image to our city. Specially many tourist are already visiting our place nowaday. I'm glad the city government realize how they affect

6. myfaultalo

myfaultalo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    badjaos went to st. louie schol don bosco before...singing to the different classrooms and disruppting classes...poor young students,,,everyone was shocked...imagine the school was so calm and den the badjaos with beatdrums came disrupting the entire school....it was funny though, them (badjaos) singing to grade1 pupils....wonder what they(badjaos) expect from the grade1 pupils to give them after they sing.....crayons...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.