Dumaguete Info Search

Where NOT to eat in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by grandpainak, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. day n night

day n night DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Service To Be Withheld

I Simply Dont Care How Good The Food At Any Restraunt Is If The Service Is Non Existant!!! Infact There Is Only 1 Restaurant In Dumaguete That Actually Practices Common Sence With Service. That Is The Waterfront Cafe!!! Aka The Dive Shop. Mike And Jo Have Gone To Great Lenghs To Provide Such Service With There Staff. Its Amazes Me That You Have To Look For Staff To Ask For A Refill Or As A Smoker An Ashtray. If You Truly Want A Taste Of The West With Service Than Try The Waterfront Cafe.

2. barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    now i am starving

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Welcome Day n night.
    I agree with the importancy (for ME !) of good service.
    I do wonder however your statement regarding ...there is only 1 restaurant that practices common sense with service.
    I like Waterfront Cafe also. Be there regularly.
    But do you know all the restaurants in Dumaguete by own experience ?
    Meaning: you did eat and drink in all of them and tried it more than once to be sure it was not an unlucky off-day ?
    And did you try it again after some time to see if it was maybe totaly different (we have discussed this topic on this forum earlier, but you probably don't know that as being a new member).
    If you know them all by taste and service .... compliments to you...but then I still don't agree with you.
    I don't want to make advertisement here but read the postings and you will get to know it.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I like Mike as, is one of my best friends in Duma and he is supporting Dumagueteinfo a lot. actually I work for him as a freelancer. His food is fantastic the beer very cold and the staff is very nice

...but the service belongs to the slowest in a Duma-western run facility when he is not around (unless you always yell for the waitresses.) the bad service is the one and only complain I have about Mikes place, everything else is for the given circumstances state of the art (food, drinks, diving)
    And Mike is pretty aware of that...

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... the only place in whole Dumaguete with western style service to each customer (not only friends of the house) is Casablanca... than there comes nothing for a long long time, and than there are some restaurants as runner-up.
    Jelly I think I have eaten almost everywhere here more than once, from street kitchens to local favourites and Expat places to expensive resorts

6. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    ok Rhoody, that was also for me the one that was far better. But it was not on the list of Day n night. So we both agree, although I have not yet eaten everywhere.

7. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    haha hahahahah
    Well, one of the reasons we moved back to the dusty little town was the food

yeah right you moved to angeles foer the food
    thats a good one
    Dane everyone knows that TGI Fridays is highly processed American crap
    I like my food fresh and that why i will not eat at any American chain restaurant as i don't like processed precokked and reheated rubbish

8. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Yabs, yup...

3 of the main reasons we live in Angeles...

food
    availability of stuff
    Internet

I bet the food here and even in TGI Fridays is better than on your oil rig...

9. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What! someone is being a bit silly

I eat there often, the food taste excelent the only trouble is the service takes a bit to long at times.

Sometimes I think we have people stating pork pies so that people are directed to other businesses associated to the DI member.

Someone using such language is surely not a good guide to good food, sounds like a Macdonalds customer? lol

The food at amigos was one of the things that attracted me to this Island.

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hmmm... but if someone says the food taste there is excellent sits in the same boat like a MC Donaldscustomer, If that food is a reason for you your taste is on an unreal low level ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.