Dumaguete Info Search

Where to buy: Scooter with sidecar or Tricycle

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by nomad4ever, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Buy a used one and make sure it is not encumbered then you should be free to trvel with a current registration and the bill of sale.

2. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    The Under registration thing..

To be honest it is the same everywhere in the Philippines all bikes have a plate that says FOR REGISTRATION. Really how can they tell where it is from unless you are stopped by a road block. I drove a new bike every where. I was never stopped or even asked about it. most of the PNP didn't want to talk to me. I think it was because they seldom speak English so they seemed to be shy.

3. OP
    OP
    nomad4ever

nomad4ever DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    bikerdave and Teacher, thanks again for your tips! Would you also agree that the bill of sales can simply be a hand-written note between the buyer and seller stating the personal particulars, specs of the bike and amount paid?

I tend to follow your tips and just taking off to avoid further delays, sorting out any occuring issue with the PNP when it arises. ;-?

Many thanks again!

4. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    up to you..

However you decide to do this. Hand written or official document I don’t think it makes a big difference. I would make sure it is notarized. As far as the PNP a couple hundred pesos and they are no big issue.

5. bikerdave

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Not when they smell a white man:p

6. OP
    OP
    nomad4ever

nomad4ever DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    So notarizing is a must? Oh man, guess I'll stick around longer than I thought. Or until I turn brown.

;-)

7. bikerdave

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Take the paper to the hall of justice. It cost 50p and takes about 10 minutes Then you got it notorized..........Make sure its typed

8. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    nomad4ever,

I guess you are really taken to the pedicab/tricycle.

But if the reason you are buying/getting one is for travel around the Philippines as you say. I personally wouldn't go for a tricycle.

As someone earlier mentioned, it needs getting used to.

And you are very open to the elements.

You cannot "lock in" your stuff unless you build a pedicab with windows/walls/doors.

As what I understand from you, your budget is on the low side. IF it was me, I would go for the multicab. Can carry more. You can have a locked door. (Though locking is just a perception) If someone really wants to break in, they will find a way.

- But , you don't need to get "used to" driving the multicab as to the pedicab.

- It's a 4 wheel vehicle as to your 3 wheels. (and you can get a 4 x 4 multicab too)

Probably a little more expensive, but not that restrictive.

This is my opinion. I could be wrong. My point? Forget the pedicab, go for a used car or a "new" (refurbished) Multicab. IF budget approves.:smile:

9. OP
    OP
    nomad4ever

nomad4ever DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    bikerdave - thanks for the explanation. Sounds easy enough! ;-)

aying, yep I'm currently quite obsesses with the Tricycle idea. And I'm almost sure that I can get used to driving one. Have driven countless different mobiles in my life and somehow its all a matter of learning by just doing.

I was thinking about a used car also, but I enjoy driving bike and having the full force of the elements in my face (even though that requires more than 1 daily showers). Multicab would be probably the better option, but it's not the same. So I probably have to make my own experience with that tricycle and hope I won't regret it in the end. Maybe I will say one day then, yep - aying was completely right. ;-)

10. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    i agree with you. i guess to each his own. same here, when i bought a big bike just recently. and my pop ask "why, when you can afford a 4 wheeled vehicle".....

yeah! go for it nomad. have fun. hope you get a good deal though.

so, to that i would say, go for a honda probably the tmx. less "hassle" sort of. or any 4 stroke moto.

and you don't have to apply for franchise as it will be for "personal use" so you wont have those numbers that the public tricycles/pedicabs have. as far as I know, for a completely new set, you'd need something like 100K +/-.

Anyways, keep us posted.

ride safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.