Dumaguete Info Search

Where to buy sun tan lotion in Dgte?

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Bandit, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll I'm getting is laughter when I ask at local stores..

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Have you tried Lee Superplaza? I have been able to find pretty much anything I need there.

3. longtimejoe

longtimejoe DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    "Suntan lotion" might put other ideas in ones head. Say "sunblock" or "SPF" and you will find what you need. Lee plaza has this for sure and you can also find it at any corner drugstore type place. It is one of those tiny language things. Filipinos do not tan. In fact they tend to avoid this as much as possible.

4. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Wouldn't Mercury Drugs carry sunblock products? Or do what the locals do, use an umbrella, :D

5. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Haha, that's funny. I never thought about the language issues. People in the Phils want to get lighter, not darker.

From what I have seen, the locals just put more clothes on to block the rays. :wink:

6. longtimejoe

longtimejoe DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You know what is even funnier Dude? A lot of the women in PI can not swim. This is because of a lifetime of evading the sun. One would think 100% of Pinays can swim right? They live on an island. But you will be shocked if you ask around.

7. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    That is very true, I was shocked to discover that asawa ko cannot swim and me I love boating and being on or in the water but I dont want to trust just a life jacket when lives are involved so I am patiently waiting for her to build up the courage to learn to swim.

Just today asawa ko said something ironic about our desire to tan and become as dark as a Pinoy, it was although we can darken our skin our noses will give us away every time. It's hard to explain that it is mostly a white man thing and perhaps a badge some of us cherish that labels us "outdoors men."

8. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

No one knows how to swim until you are taught. There are 300 lakes in my township back in the US and not everyone automatically knows how to swim.

I think it's more to do with lack of instruction than hiding from the sun..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.